• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Dulinor's Cruiser, Sargon and gig

Is there a canon description of Dulinor's cruiser, Sargon, which he arrived at Core in 1115 and then the gig he embarked onto the surface?

I think the Sargon was described as having Jump-6 capability and so could be a modified CJ-16 Rift Cruiser, 100,000 tons with Jump-6 as described in Fighting Ships of the Imperium. A noble would definitely be traveling in a cruiser that could defend itself so some type of modified military cruiser sounds right.

The gig would likely not be a standard 20 ton model, but something larger. I envisioned that it may have been a modular cutter with a luxury passenger module with enough space for Dulinor and his entourage to spread out, and possibly also containing private office and audience space for Dulinor to use while grounded.

Would Dulinor or any high ranking noble buy off-the-shelf though for their spacecraft?

From the TNS on 262-1116 " According to testimony of several of the crew, Dulinor's flagship, the cruiser Sargon, launched the gig with the normal crew of two plus a port guide from customs, Archduke Dulinor and fourteen members of his personal staff, and three bodyguards plus assorted baggage for the party. The explosion was so powerful that not a single complete body has been recovered, although DNA and other evidence has accounted for sixteen of the nineteen passengers."

So there was enough space for 19 passengers plus a crew of 2 on the gig. That many could fit in a standard gig, but I think that nobles would want to travel in less cattle car style as mentioned above probably want something bespoke.

What types of modifications would be done to ships to accomodate nobles? Double or up to tenfold stateroom sizes for an ArchDuke's accommodations onboard a ship and his entourage? Throne rooms?

Last edited:
It could be the gig equivalent of a Boeing Business Jet. Considering Duilnor's status, it could be heavily customized with bleeding edge parts, allowing for a space savings and additional luxury for him.

Some parts would be off the shelf, but the interior, anything but.

Back