• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General I read the news today, oh boy...

I wasn’t happy about it at all...
I should have won the winning lottery ticket.
I just wanted a Golden Ticket to see the inside of the Factory. I could only imagine what's in there...

The real cause of the Empress Wave?
Plans to the Darrian Star Trigger?
The original Iridium Crown?
A textbook detailing how to activate all of your Psionic Powers?
A Communicator that works over Jumpspace?
A portal to Grandfather's pocket realm?

The mind boggles.

T5 will continue.

We will be covering this and a few other things in a Q&A on our forums a bit later today. Swing by and we will try to answer all questions!
Forgive me some people like and evolved with the MgT system, but some of us don’t. I believe now that you are the [head man] of Traveller now you could take the time and repost the salient points here as well. I don’t want to register on the Mongoose forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me some people like and evolved with the MgT system, but some of us don’t. I believe now that you are the [head man] of Traveller now you could take the time and repost the salient points here as well. I don’t want to register on the Mongoose forums.
I'll copy everything here if not, so CotI gets to see it.

After running Traveller5.10 - The Holoi Hajj and playing in Traveller5.10 - Star Bright in the Dark under Arctellion, I can say I will be a diehard fan of the Edition. Traveller5.10 has gone so far as to aid me in writing the solar system details in my personal project AD&D1e The Ultimate Solution. Coupled with backwards compatible Spelljammer, I was able to generate with Dice a believable system, worlds, satellites, biomes, and Map Only As Really Necessary the setting. Nothing comes close to Traveller5.10. Marc W. Miller and others on that project have set the bar high for Mongoose and Cepheus. Let’s hope the reins are in good hands.

Not a problem - you don't have to sign up to read the thread, and we will continue to watch this board and answer questions both here and update our own forum's thread.

The Q&A thread, incidentally, is here:

Not a problem - you don't have to sign up to read the thread, and we will continue to watch this board and answer questions both here and update our own forum's thread.

The Q&A thread, incidentally, is here:

Thank you I think that is a good step.

Managing an RPG company is a thankless task and an uphill struggle. So, I'm never surprised when I hear about creators wishing to retire and let go of the reins and just enjoy things for a while. Glad Marc gets to do so on his own terms! And Mongoose has survived during some tumultuous times in the industry, and even thrived, which is no mean feat. I've got full confidence in the team, and look forward to whatever the future brings!

The PDF for 5th frontier boardgame was scanned in with some balooning of the middle so that the maps when printed do not line up correctly. There are two things that I would like to request.
#1 put the hex# in the world boxes that are where you place the armies. It makes it faster to locate the world on the star map.
#2 Please redo the scans of the map for the PDF so that when we print them the hexes line up propperly.

Back