• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

IMTU Code Revision

robject

SOC-14 10K
Admin Award
Marquis
I'm adding some items to the IMTU code. As a consequence, a few uncommon codes are shifting around.

The general idea is that a ++ is a strong preference, beyond what canon specifies, a -- is a strong dislike and avoidance, even in the face of canon, and a neutral vote implies compliance with elements of canon. As a general rule. Some codes have further implications, but I'm hoping most of the values are clear enough to work from without needing lengthy explanation.

Here's the draft.

Code:
23  2300AD Setting
mgt Mongoose Traveller
mt  MegaTraveller
t20 Traveller20
t4  Traveller4
t5  Traveller5
tc  Classic Traveller
tg  GURPS Traveller
th  Traveller HERO 
tn  Traveller TNE
to  Traveller (other)

3i  3rd Imperium Control  
an  ANNIC NOVA
au  Automation (starship)
br  Bridges (starship)
cpu Computers
dt  Droptanks (ta)           
f   Fighters vs capital ships
fs  Foreven sector
ge  Gearheadedness        
ih  Ihatei invasions
inf Information distribution speeds
j   Jump drive            
jf  Jump fuel
jm  Jump masking
jt  Jump drive minimum ship volume (100t)
ls  Life support          
n   Naval budgets
nc  Near-C rocks
pi  Piracy                
pp  Power-plant
ssi Small-ship imperium
tp  Proto-Traveller
tr  Trade system
tv  Traffic volume
uwp Mainworld gen
vi  Virus 
xb  X-boat route

as  Aslan
da  Darrians
dr  Droyne
hi  Hivers
ith Ithklur
kk  K'Kree
so  Solomani
va  Vargr
zh  Zhodani

Last edited:
robject - just how long do we want this code to be? Just like the UPP extensions, we risk truning something sweet and to the point into a monstrosity.
(Plus, I have to keep reading up, then modifying my sig.... :rolleyes: )

robject - just how long do we want this code to be? Just like the UPP extensions, we risk truning something sweet and to the point into a monstrosity.
(Plus, I have to keep reading up, then modifying my sig.... :rolleyes: )

Dude! You're supposed to pick your major hot-buttons, not vote on 'em all! I don't want to have to read someone's 256-character Traveller-Geek-Code, that's fer sherr. I want to see 7 plus or minus two codes. But I can't stop you from using them all and making up your own :)

And several of those codes are pretty rare anyway. All I ever want to know is how much traffic your Imperium has, and I've got you pigeonholed.

Last edited:
I always wondered what all those things down there meant. I could only guess at most of it.

I still don't know what wth- means...

Wow. You really know you're in the club when you can decipher this stuff. Half of the things you have on your list still mean nothing to me. I need more rules!

Last edited:
I still don't know what wth- means...

Huh. I don't, either.

Here's the key: http://eaglestone.pocketempires.com/imtu.html

The idea was spawned 10 years ago out of the inevitable and unproductive clash between (more or less) classic Travellers and New Era Travellers when the XBoat mailing list was retired. As a result, many of us refugees emigrated over to the TML... resulting in many long, complex, somewhat distracting digressions about the finer points of the Traveller Universe. Sort of like what we get here.

Last edited:
robject: no, not digressions. Outright flamefests.

An absolute rejection of input from CT and MT fans by TNE fans was typical. The CT/MT crowd didn't want to go there, and the TNE crowd didn't want them there (on the TML), and it was a bad move all around.

And then T4 came along, and made everyone mad...

IMTU code really helped to understand just which kind of "nutter" you were flaming/being flamed by...

Wow :eek:o: Sounds like it was the wild west back then. I've got into some pretty heavy discussions and disagreements over here, mainly in the pit, and besides a few slight excesses, the general tone is very civil.

You don't see many TNE'rs out here on CotI... am I to understand the bad blood is still there?

THe rougher days here are on par with the median days on the TML for the first few months following the (Forced) unification of lists.

The post-T4 days, however, were amongst the worst.

Back