• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

largest known hull deckplans?

Ah... looks like a lot of others jumped in while I was typing that, damn my slow and dyslexic fingers!
file_21.gif
file_21.gif
file_21.gif

Originally posted by Dean:
Yea, the "official" AHL deckplans are actually to standard Traveller scale on 1/2" square grid, as I recall, to accommodate the counters.

There was one layout for the majority of the "fuel decks" which consisted of on the order of 65 identical decks where the only features were a couple of vertical access tubes which ran the length of the ship. It's pretty impressive all laid out, and would take a pretty big room to lay out all the sheets if you had all the fuel decks printed out. The game came with one copy of it.

I'd look and tell ya fer sure but I don't want to dig it out of the box in the garage.
Also note the Arrival Vengeance has some updated deck plans for the AHL. While the physical size of the plans is smaller the scale has been reduced as well.

I like them better than the original AHL plans as they are more detailed and have better graphics.

Originally posted by Shadow Bear:
Also note the Arrival Vengeance has some updated deck plans for the AHL. While the physical size of the plans is smaller the scale has been reduced as well.
wel, i guess that answers, part of my original question as to the largest known deck plans... now i have another: anyone know where a can get a copy of said plans?

Originally posted by Shadow Bear:
wel, i guess that answers, part of my original question as to the largest known deck plans... now i have another: anyone know where a can get a copy of said plans?

The plans for the Lightning class are available in two or three forms:

The original box set "Azhanti High Lightning" Cool, rare, and generally expensive. Check EBay perhaps?

The Hard Times adventure book "Arrival Vengeance", named for a ship of the class, has a smaller physical set of the plans on the (inside) cover.

The one I'm unsure of is whether the Classic Reprints have done the plans themselves yet. I know the booklet was in the Supplements reprint...

The reprint seems to be basically a re-issue of the origional matter.

So if the origional was in B&W, I would expect the reprint to be also - even if it is a "colour" print from a black and white master.

Originally posted by Dean:
[QBThe listing doesn't say if it includes the maps for AHL, but it does say there is 32 color pages of the original games' materials- and since I own most of them in the original editions, AHL's maps are the only reason I can think of that the reprints would need that many pages, in color.[/QB]
does anyone know for sure if it does, or not?, i'd hate to spend $48+ thinking it will have them even in B&W, and NOT get them at all....

The plans for AHL are in the second reprint set: Supplements 1-13 The Classic Supplimants. It's the "Lightning Class Cruisers" supplement.

I don't have the games reprint but I imagine that contains the other book that came with the set: a book of modified Snapshot rules and counters for gaming on the deckplans.

Looking at the description on the order page, it says that "Games" includes game board images. So it might have reduced size reprints of the deckplans. Anybody have it?

Originally posted by Tanuki:
The plans for AHL are in the second reprint set: Supplements 1-13 The Classic Supplimants. It's the "Lightning Class Cruisers" supplement.
are you sure?? it specifically says "maps not included"... now, does that mean that the deckplans are described verbally but not in a pictorial form?, or does that mean the original plans have been micronized for printing on the individual pages in the book, and not the huge 2ft by 3ft minature-scaled paper maps like in the boxed set?

The Games 1-6 Book & the supplements 1-13 Book has the same deckplans of the AHL. All done to the LLB size page. was really disapponted with Games 1-6 as the 1st ads for it claimed they were going to put full-sized copies of the game boards in it. Oh well would have cost an arm,leg & a couple of other body parts as well. ;)

Originally posted by WarriorKnight:
The Games 1-6 Book
cool, the local WOTC has a copy of that one, i'll look at it to see if the plans are what i want before i buy it...

so... to restate the question that started this topic...

other than the AHL plans, has anyone created or seen somewhere, any ungodly huge deckplans? i'd prefer them to be in the Traveller scale, or been designed with the various ship design programs out there...

perhaps the COTI deck plan folks (i.e. us) should section out a 100k dton (give or take a dton)vessel and make a joint effort at it...

Largest deckplans I've seen for Traveller is Dra'k'ne Station by Judges Guild. I'm not sure if JG material is "canon" though. Each deck has the barest of details of about 43,400 Dtons of volume. There are twelve decks or slightly over 500,000 Dtons of used space. The entire station (asteroid) encompasses roughly 114 million Dtons of volume.

Big 'nough fer you?

Originally posted by RandyT0001:
The entire station (asteroid) encompasses roughly 114 million Dtons of volume.
Not really useable, however. Dra'k'ne Station is a big *cube* of rock with a dungeon in it. as a "space station" it reeks...

Originally posted by GypsyComet:
Dra'k'ne Station is a big *cube* of rock with a dungeon in it.
Gee... it always looked to me more like a big *turd* than a cube.

The concept of DS was cool. The execution blew chunks big time.

Back