• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

License

I have seen 2 new products on drivethrurpg from a writer published under GDW.

But no announcements here.

I see only a brief announcement. Suprising that Marc did not let us know in advance something was in the works.

I got an email on 23 August from GDW (via dtrpg) announcing the release of those T2K supplements.

As for Marc - why don't you send a PM asking him for advance notice in the future?

I got an email on 23 August from GDW (via dtrpg) announcing the release of those T2K supplements.

As for Marc - why don't you send a PM asking him for advance notice in the future?

Yeah. I got an advertisement for the finished product too, in email.

On COTI, we use to know products that we're in development. Asked because I thought I might have missed something.

Just sayin'

I picked up the East Africa book but didn't know about the other one. I actually haven't read it...

I just saw the 3 new T2000 titles on DTRPG and came here to see what's happening.

Nothing I guess.

Well it will bump the topic anyway...

There is also a map of the Transcaucasus on DTRPG, made up to match the style of the game's Poland and Germany maps.

I picked up the East African Sourcebook and also the Korean Peninsula sourcebook from DriveThru, along with the Gateway to the Spanish Main with the new USS Constitution, which I actually have in hard copy somewhere in my basement. I actually picked up Twilight 2000 because of that adventure module.

The East African Sourcebook is quite detailed and definitely worth a look if you are interested in Twilight 2000, but also would be useful for ideas for Traveller Game Masters as well if your group is operating on lower Tech planets. I need to go over the Korean book more thoroughly, but that looks pretty good as well. One thing about both sourcebooks. If you really want to get into using them, you are going to need the vehicle and weapons books. If you just want to use them as jumping off points for adventures, then you might be able to get by with the basic rules or adapting some of the Traveller equipment to them.

I always did like that Constitution adventure, but I will need to see if I can modify it a bit, or maybe develop an add-on for it. For those more familiar with all of the added modules, for which I have a listing and short description courtesy of DriveThru, are the islands of Curacao or Aruba mentioned anywhere, as they have refineries for dealing with the very heavy high-grade sludge of crude oil from Venezuela, and as such would be highly valuable to control? I have been to both and the refineries are pretty obvious on the islands.

Also, are there any additional books covering what sort of ships might still be operating in that environment? Both the East African and Korean have pirate communities preying on shipping, while the Spanish Main book practically begs to have some added shipping to it.

Well, I have downloaded the CIA World Facebook for the years 1994 and 1995, for some overview of the countries of the World at that point in time. I will have to make some allowance for the non-breakup of the Soviet Union, but for Africa and the Caribbean, that should not be that difficult. I have copies of the Military Balance for the years 1994-1995 and 1996-1997 on the way, so that will give some idea of the military hardware in Africa and South America. That should be sufficient to get things going.

...are the islands of Curacao or Aruba mentioned anywhere, as they have refineries for dealing with the very heavy high-grade sludge of crude oil from Venezuela, and as such would be highly valuable to control? I have been to both and the refineries are pretty obvious on the islands.

Also, are there any additional books covering what sort of ships might still be operating in that environment? Both the East African and Korean have pirate communities preying on shipping, while the Spanish Main book practically begs to have some added shipping to it.

No, those islands aren't mentioned at all, Grenada and Carriacou are. Carriacou is listed as a home to pirates with small craft. Probably fishing boats, maybe something a bit bigger.

Those refineries sound like a great adventure seed, though...

Shipping was never a strong point in T2K - some modules had small craft that PCs might reasonably run like Pirates of the Vistula, or there was that Soviet supply ship Artika in Boomer. The v2 Nautical Aviation Handbook had a few small craft, from a canoe to a swamp skimmer to a short-haul patrol boat with helipad on the aft deck.

Then again, google searches make research a lot easier today.

Well, I have downloaded the CIA World Facebook for the years 1994 and 1995, for some overview of the countries of the World at that point in time. I will have to make some allowance for the non-breakup of the Soviet Union, but for Africa and the Caribbean, that should not be that difficult. I have copies of the Military Balance for the years 1994-1995 and 1996-1997 on the way, so that will give some idea of the military hardware in Africa and South America. That should be sufficient to get things going.

I have a 1980s military balance book, which helped the poor people who did Patriot a bit on some hardware questions, and gave me the insight that maybe Somalians with recoillless rifles were a thing to be concerned about.

No, those islands aren't mentioned at all, Grenada and Carriacou are. Carriacou is listed as a home to pirates with small craft. Probably fishing boats, maybe something a bit bigger.

Those refineries sound like a great adventure seed, though...

Shipping was never a strong point in T2K - some modules had small craft that PCs might reasonably run like Pirates of the Vistula, or there was that Soviet supply ship Artika in Boomer. The v2 Nautical Aviation Handbook had a few small craft, from a canoe to a swamp skimmer to a short-haul patrol boat with helipad on the aft deck.

Then again, google searches make research a lot easier today.

Thanks for the information.

I looked up Carriacou and it is to the northeast of Grenada, but without a scale on the map, I am not sure how close. I have been on a fair number of cruises to the Caribbean, and the islands will all have small craft of cabin cruiser size, with a few larger boats for sightseers and whale watchers. I am not sure that all of them can feed themselves off of the island's crops, as some of them have a very large population compared to their size. There is quite a few inter-island small ships, and with the refineries at Curacao and Aruba, plus those in Venezuela, fuel would be available fairly readily. The main problem for the islands would be paying for fuel, as they are pretty heavily dependent on tourism and cruise ships for cash for imports. However, based on the CIA factbook for 1994, Grenada is
world's second-largest producer and fourth-largest exporter of nutmeg and mace
, which does give it some means of earning foreign exchange. I will have to do some number crunching on arable land verses population, but food did comprise 25% of Grenada's imports.

You aren't going to be running or restarting a refinery without a couple hundred technicians, a operational power plant for steam and electricity, and a steady supply of zeolites and other catalysts.

It's not simply a case of running a larger version of the still you used to produce biodiesel for your M113.

Back