• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Non OTU: Lima Class Transport (MCT-43)

Author's Note: While working on this design I discovered the mistakes I made in the COTI Build 2. So I double Check this design before posting but the descriptive text was already write so, I'm letting it stand...

This is my take on the Lovell Multi-class Transport. I'm doing this quick and dirty. There will be no pretty layout like I did for the Dragon. Information on some decks can be found here; https://www.travellerrpg.com/index.php?threads/coti-build-2-dragon-mac-33-courier.42748/ So on with the build...

Dragon 6A.jpg
Design Notes: I did not put a collapsible lock in the nose. My thought on that, is these ships are modular in design. Quick to build and repair because the parts and plans are standardized. Of the original 13 decks I built for the Dragon, I have 18 more to my collect to keep it fresh. You're going to see a few of these new decks on build.

Upper and Lower Avionics Bay A are as describe in the Dragon build.

Bridge:

a: 5 man Bridge, each person has his own Workstation.
b: Electronic/Computer bays.
c: Ship's Locker.
d: Toilet

I am not happy with this Bridge design. I will get around to fixing it later. Like I say, this is a quick and dirty build.

Crew Deck: (See Dragon Build for description)

Passenger Deck: This deck carries 8 passengers. 3 in Cryo-sleep and the rest in 5 berths.

a: 1 Man Berth
b: 2 Man Bathroom. 2 showers, 2 wash basins and 2 toilets.
c: Cryo Chambers. 3 coffin style Cryobeds, triple stack and on slides like drawers.

Gun Deck 1:
a: 2 Hulled Down Dual Laser Turrets (Left and Right).
b: 6 Medium Range Missiles (3 per launcher) (Top and Bottom)
c: 6 Sandcaster Barrels (2 per Barrel for a total of 12) (on the 45's)

Both the Top and Bottom are the same giving you a total of 12 Missiles and 24 Sandcaster round.

Utility Deck 2:

a: Kitchen with warming trays for serving the crew.
aa: Dinning area. Seats 8.
b: Pantry. Food storage area.
c: Lounge (See Dragon Build for description)
d: First Aid Station (See Dragon Build for description)

Cargo Hold: This deck is way smaller than the Dragon. The height from the floor to the ceiling is 4.5 Meters (My standard deck height) and holds 24 Tons of Cargo.

Fuel Tank: This deck is 9 Meters tall by 16 Meters in diameter. It carries 113.9 Tons of Fuel.

Life Support and Storage: (See Dragon Build for description) Atmospheric Scrubbers are on the Left. Water Purification Plant is on the right. Top and Bottom are storage rooms for spare part used by engineering to fix and repair the ship under normal conditions.

Catwalk: This deck is used to look down on to your brand new Jump Drive. It is also where the Center Access Tube ends and Ladder Access (Top and Bottom) to the rest of the decks begin here. 2 Workstations are also on this deck as well (Left and right). They are used to monitor the Drive, and reactor.

Design Note: The center of the deck where the Central Access Tube ends, is design as a protective measure for the Engineer as he enters the Engineering Decks.

Jump Drive: In the center of the room is the Drive itself. The 4 'arms' that radiate out from the Drive are power feeds. You can walk under them with just a little bending at the waist. Lining the outer hull is all the equipment and electronics need to monitor and adjust the Drive. Actual control for the drive is one level up on the Catwalk Workstations or from the Bridge

Upper Reactor Room: Your brand new Fusion Reactor sits in the center of this deck. Lining the outer hull is all the equipment and electronics need to monitor and adjust the reactor. Center left is a workstation to control the reactor. The reactor can also be controlled from the Bridge as well. This is where the Ladder Access ends. The next 2 decks are not accessible from the inside.

Design note: Dragoner's placing the workstation next to the elevator on his ship makes perfect sense. However, where is the fun in reaching around a corner and hit the off button. I prefer my PC's to work for their reward. Dancing through Massive arc of electricity or jets of plasma from a crack in the reactor is so much more fun. 😈

Lower Reactor Room: This is the business end of the reactor. Power generated by the reactor is transferred to ship systems here (Left and Right). Access to these two transformers are from removable hull plating on the outside. The Retractable Radiators (shown fully retracted) are housed here (Top and Bottom) along with the coolant system.

Engine and Landing Gear: This depiction show the Land Gear (at the 90's), Directional Thrusters (at the 45's) and the single engine (Centered).

Dragon 6.jpg

Dragon Lima DP.jpg
Some Notes on the Design: On the Passenger Deck, I could have removed one of the bathroom (Fresher) and replaced it with either the Cryo Chambers or a berth but, I felt that comfort of the passengers was more important. Thus I left in the second Bathroom.

The Missiles and Sandcaster depictions are based on how those parts fit into the deckplan. Angle depiction are not my fortay. The file I use for the missiles has been standardized long ago so I know how many of them I can fit into the hull of a 4.5 meter deck height, thus 6 per side They are also Medium Range Missiles. The same goes for the Sandcasters. I could only place 2 rounds because of their size in each tube (Metal Storm Concept) with there propellant. I assume they are Dumb rounds and can only fire on targets in line of sight.

I placed the Dual Laser Turrets 90 degrees apart for two reasons. 1. If I used @Dragoner's arrangement, a weapon's hit to the Magazine would have taken both turrets out. 2. I know people say this doesn't matter because of the engagement ranges in space but, his arrangement would require the ship to rotate 180 degrees to fire on target above him. My placement of the turrets at the 90's allow for only the turrets rotate and not the ship.

The Entry Deck was an accidental discovery from another file for a ship I was designing. It looks allot better than the original airlock on the Dragon. On these circular design decks, space is at a premium. That is why I usually divide items on someone else depiction into creating another deck. Moving the airlock from the Passenger Deck was one of those decisions. Adding components like Life Support systems and First Aid Stations are just common sense items I think should be on a ship. And yes, I place object like workstations in different location for game play reasons.

Yes I'm have fun with your designs. but, there is an oopie here as well.

Muttering from the gallery..."he said he double checked his work? HA...'

Yeah, Yeah, I got it. That's what I get for posting at 3 AM. Here is the description for the Entry Deck.

Entry Deck:
a: Airlock.
b: Staging Area. This area is used for final check on your space suit. It has a storage locker which contains hand held tools and small EVA equipment.
c: Changing Room. This is where the space suits are kept. There is a bench for putting on your spacesuit and storage space for the suits
d: Storage Rooms

Back