• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

OTU Only: Looking for information on the SM world: 357-408

Hello all,

I was going through data from Don's Integrated Traveller timeline" and I noticed the world 357-408 mentioned:

50 TI:
First contact between the Third Imperium and the Zhodani Consulate, at 357-408

This came from: Alien Module 4 - Zhodani, GDW, 1985, p. 08

Checking that book, the following is found on Page 8:
In the timeline: "50 First Contact with Imperial Traders"

Scanning the entire document shows no mention of the system: 357-408

Does anyone know where the reference of system 357-408 came from?
Does anyone have information on what the system was eventually renamed?

Thanks in advance
Marc Grossman

The Traveller Wiki doesn't know which world this is and TravellerMap has no data for this era.

Thank you for that update.

This also begs the question, how the numeric designations of unnamed worlds are devised?
If there is any information on that, it might help devise which world this is?

I have seen that the designation is not related to "Year of discovery"
For example: 875-496(Five Sisters/SM) was first settled in -1513 TI by Turkish settlers aboard an Itzin fleet colony ship from Dingir which crashed there while headed to the Darrian subsector

The "lost colony" was later rediscovered by the IISS, who then put an IISS base there in 900 TI.

So, while an argument "could be" made this system was discovered in 825, that is countered by worlds with "higher than 589" numeric designations being indicated as being "part of the Imperium" by 589 (Thanks to the 1FW maps provided in the "Spinward Marches Campaign" book from GDW

Back