• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

MGT World builder's handbook: Software version

Tobias

SOC-14 1K
Peer of the Realm
I recent bought this and have to say that I am quite... no very impressed at first glance. Before I dig into it further: Is there a software implementation of these rules? If so, it may finally be time to retire H&E...

I recent bought this and have to say that I am quite... no very impressed at first glance. Before I dig into it further: Is there a software implementation of these rules? If so, it may finally be time to retire H&E...
I still use H&E :) I almost got the Mongoose World Builders but decided against it for a number of reasons.

But to the original question: I've not seen a software version of it, but I have not really looked as the rare times I do need to do that sort of thing, I just use H&E & ad lib a lot.

(if you look at the art forum some of those systems I've posted in the worlds channel have details from H&E)

Not clear the no is messing up my reading of your post- are you impressed or not impressed?

I will agree with Tobias, it is an impressive book. It may be more info than I feel is necessary; I prefer the simplicity of MegaTraveller's system building rules. As for software, you might want to ask on the Mongoose boards.

I have the book. I hope they make a software or database version. I consider it a replacement of the elements of the following products as they contain what made worldbuidling with following products so cool:
DGP's Worldbuilder's Handbook - Full details generation of all the elements of the UWP From Starport Details thru the full Tech Level Profile. The only elements missing are the Religion Profile and mapping the said UWP onto a map.
GURPS Traveller: First In - All those fun details about stars, more details on sizes, atmospheres, densities, habitibility
GURPS Traveller: Far Trader - World Trade Numbers, GDP, Expected Starship Volumes/Visits
Traveller 5: Importance, Resource Units, Cultural Profile (HASS)

PLUS "weird stuff" - expanding the eHex Codes for rosettes, ringworlds, dysons and such , odd star phenomenom like brown bwarfs black holes protostar clusters and planet generation in such conditions, military budgets, expected local armed force sizes and best of all (for me) balkanized world faction/nation generation.

In some cases you will see familiar formulas from those other books.... and some guidelines on how to convert back and forth between it and Traveller 5 so you can covert from travellermap.com. Useful since Imperial Sectors are canon, but in T5 format...

Back