• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

MgT2 stats for VRF Gauss Gun?

I played a game where I was equipped with a (I think) twenty millimetre assault gun.

Kept missing, when I didn't wind up dead when I forgot to switch from automatic to semi; couldn't figure it out until I wore powered armour.

That is the official VRF Gauss Gun, the title in the table is just mistaken, and misspelt.

In my version of the Central Supply Catalogue, it has been corrected to read "Heavy Gauss Cannon," 12/87488. The damage previously looked too low (4D???), something I'm asking Mongoose Matt about. I see in this version it is a significant 2DD.

However, in the nascent Mercenary Field Catalogue, p. 160 (still in Kickstarter development), a VRF-3 VRF Gauss Support Weapon is back to 4D damage, while being vehicle-mounted and triple-barreled. This seems extremely underpowered for a heavy weapon.... While the entry that follows for the MPS-22 Gauss Autocannon, another vehicle-mount, does 16D damage!

They are completely different things.

A VFR Gauss Gun is basically a machine gun with a very high rate of fire. It uses the same ammunition as a regular Gauss Rifle and does the same damage. It weighs 250 kg. A high-tech Minigun.

A Gauss Cannon is something like a tank main gun. It fires much heavier ammunition. It weighs 2000 kg.

Note the difference between Auto 8 and Auto 2.

Back