• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Miniatures for Traveller?

Another Idea

www.reapermin.com

The boys in texas are starting to produce a generic miniature line to go with science fiction, superhero, time traveller, ect. that looks like miniatures can be used for a large range of traveller (human) characters.

The line is called Chronoscope and it looks to be at least to the "green" phase so if it's not here yet is should be after GENCON.

Buy and encourage them to continue to expand this line!

Lord Iron Wolf

www.reapermin.com

The boys in texas are starting to produce a generic miniature line to go with science fiction, superhero, time traveller, ect. that looks like miniatures can be used for a large range of traveller (human) characters.

The line is called Chronoscope and it looks to be at least to the "green" phase so if it's not here yet is should be after GENCON.

Buy and encourage them to continue to expand this line!

Lord Iron Wolf

link for Chronoscope: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/chronoscope/

(it's reapermini - reapermin is a holder page apparently)

Good idea, I have bought all of then, thus far. Really the only drawback is the 28 heroic scale, but since all the old Traveller is 25mm or 15mm, and not expanding, I think the larger scale is almost the way to go. RAFM modern heroes, and WOTC Star Wars figs, I hate them but they are cheap, fit nicely.

The best way to show the demand, beside buying the reaper stuff, is to point to Ebay and the guy doing the knock offs, or the actual boxes of Traveller of miniatures going for $75.00. There is a market out there.

I'll stick with 15mm & HO scale minis since they all I have & work better than 25mm/28mm when running games involving building & ship plans. Plus with my limited budget I can no longer afford two different sizes of minis.

They are a lot of 15mm figures out there at a reasonable price(mostly overseas), though most are limited to human characters. With armoured figures, if the helmets make the heads seem Vargyr or Aslan enough, a tail is easy to fake.

The problem with British websites is pictures of the minis. Peter Pig, which makes some nice minis, is short on pictures. Which brings a query: Peter Pig has a space buccaneer figure set in 15mm? Has anyone seen any pictures of these minis. I would interested in seeing them my self?

The Minis I use for traveller

I was lucky enough to buy the original grenadier Minis, when they first became availble, back in the eighties. I also have the Fading suns characters, those E-M 4 minis (which I use as generic bad guys) , a west end games squad of star wars Imperial stormtroopers (with a Darth Vader mini to lead them they make good Zhos) .I Use the reaper minis townfolk set 1, from the dark heaven series (that set is a Bartender and two waitresses).. I even have some tyranids from warhammer40k, oh and the latest minis in my collection from wh40k include One imperial guard commisar (which I use as a pirate captain) and the emperor's champion (which I still haven't found a use for yet) ......and to think it all got started because one day my players refused to play with the15 mm figs

I was lucky enough to buy the original grenadier Minis, when they first became availble, back in the eighties. I also have the Fading suns characters, those E-M 4 minis (which I use as generic bad guys) , a west end games squad of star wars Imperial stormtroopers (with a Darth Vader mini to lead them they make good Zhos) .I Use the reaper minis townfolk set 1, from the dark heaven series (that set is a Bartender and two waitresses).. I even have some tyranids from warhammer40k, oh and the latest minis in my collection from wh40k include One imperial guard commisar (which I use as a pirate captain) and the emperor's champion (which I still haven't found a use for yet) ......and to think it all got started because one day my players refused to play with the15 mm figs

On my part it's due to lack of 15mms. That and a refusal to paint them.

If you wanna use them I'm game though (so long as I can use some).

Agreed. I like using the Galoob minis. I usually some of the Star Wars. I also used some of the playsets I found on clearance or on sale. Unfortunately, the sets I've found online go for $25.00 or more-and this was just after Galoob went south.

Good news is that Kenner kept the diecast line of SW vehicles, s few of which are in 15mm scale or close enough.

When Phantom Menance came out there were Droid tanks pencil sharpeners released in pretty much 15mm scale. I found them remaindered out at Target & bought a few. Removed the sharpener part & glued washers underneath for balance. Only got around to painting a few. Turned the tank into an Aslan design.

A few years ago, Galoob produced a large number of HO (1/72") scale Star Wars miniatures. I stocked up on those and have found them to be invaluable for Traveller, because the map scale for them comes out to 3/4"=1.5m and that is easy to enlarge a deckplan to as well as there being no end to models and hobby train paraphenalia that can be adapted to the game. The minis are just large enough to determine facing and other wargame combat data on the map.

You can usually still find the Galoob miniatures in discount toy stores and online.

Back