• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

More deckplans online

Originally posted by Kitt:
Apologies, as a published writer myself, I had no intention of breaching his, or anyone else's Intellectual Property. I was only intending to help someone out, nothing more. Given that the silhouettes on this one page are all old Classic Traveller ones, the book has been out of print for many years, and many folk put their own interior designs of these craft up on their web pages, I didn't realize the designs still belonged to anyone in particular, let alone Mr Sanger. I assumed they were in the public domain. It was only one page, after all, I wouldn't have dreamt of suggesting anyting more. Still, no harm done, and thank you for letting me know.
Actually, a fair bit of DGP stuff, while still under copyright, may actually belong to the original authors. DGP didn't pay everyone, which means that the copyrights were never transfered for some of the material they published. (A matter Sanger is very unwilling to discuss.)

For myself, I was paid for very little except Starship Operators Manual, so I'm free to sell most of my material elsewhere.

Originally posted by Robert Prior:
<snip>

For myself, I was paid for very little except Starship Operators Manual, so I'm free to sell most of my material elsewhere.
Well, while I'm glad you were paid (very well I would hope) for that most excellent of works, and I'm thrilled to own a copy, it's kinda sad that it may not be reprinted. I had always hoped the series promised might be revisited, with the same quality and depth.

Hmm, that's odd, just grabbed the book to check who else was involved and the credits don't mention you. Or are we talking about two different products (DGP MegaTraveller Starship Operators Manual Vol. 1)?

Anyway, a personal thanks for your great Traveller software over the years, and for supporting Mac's ;)

Back