• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

My Portable Bar

Uncle Bob

SOC-14 1K
I had a character who was an ex-commando with demolition skill. He always travelled with a "Portable Bar," a travel case about 15 cm x30 cm x45cm. Inside were two 750 ml bottles clearly labeled "Absynthe" and "Ouzo," two heavy glass shot glasses, some disposable, plastic glasses, a supply of napkins, and some packaged, premoistened towelettes.

The large bottles contained the components of a hypergolic explosive. That is: mix them together, stand back, and after several minutes it blows. The shot glasses were used to measure the components, which could be poured into an expendable container or sopped up with the napkins to make plastic, no, paper-mache explosive (IIRC, a shot glass of each the components combined was equivalent to a hand grenade.) The "handiwipes" contain a neutralizing agent in case some spilled, or to wipe your hands after kneeding the paper machee (it ruins the effect if your fingertips are destroyed simultaneously with the door.)

The case was locked and padded and the bottles were stronger than they looked, so it was fairly safe. The "booze" was obscure and unpleasant enough that casual pilfering was discouraged (and random sampling was unlikely to cause an outraged shout of, "Thats not Absynthe!"). Except, there was a really annoying and repressive world, that had a very officious, drunken thief as a customs agent. I don't think they ever solved that explosion, but we weren't going back anyway.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Uncle Bob (edited 28 April 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Uncle Bob:
I had a character who was an ex-commando with demolition skill. He always travelled with a "Portable Bar," a travel case about 15 cm x30 cm x45cm. Inside were two 750 ml bottles clearly labeled "Absynthe" and "Ouzo," two heavy glass shot glasses, some disposable, plastic glasses, a supply of napkins, and some packaged, premoistened towelettes.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Bob (edited 28 April 2001).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That stunt is evil enough for any GM. I like it.

David Shayne

Back