• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Noble Fief in Traveller rural agriculural world..

S

Sophiathegreen

I think than basic knight in traveller would have than fief of 20 miles by 20 miles(400 square miles) on than agriculural world with 180,000 arces of farmland work by local people he or she act as than offical of the imperial government seeing that law are enforce that she or he handle minor legal fight
between local under her or he legal fight( he look at my wife the wrong) something the Imperial legal system doesnot like to get envold in it they can help
it. There can be good money make suppling food to near-by world that have population that will buy food
from near-by agriculural world at least 120 % plus over base price than basic price is list highter also. Selling natural linen and wool and wood also bring in good money. The people in your fief must be taken care of pay, you must have basic thing for your people like school's, hosipal(medecial care) and etc.

I think than basic knight in traveller would have than fief of 20 miles by 20 miles(400 square miles) on than agriculural world with 180,000 arces of farmland work by local people he or she act as than offical of the imperial government seeing that law are enforce that she or he handle minor legal fight
between local under her or he legal fight( he look at my wife the wrong) something the Imperial legal system doesnot like to get envold in it they can help
it. There can be good money make suppling food to near-by world that have population that will buy food
from near-by agriculural world at least 120 % plus over base price than basic price is list highter also. Selling natural linen and wool and wood also bring in good money. The people in your fief must be taken care of pay, you must have basic thing for your people like school's, hosipal(medecial care) and etc.

Interesting, but do the people have basic rights? Are these rights enforced?
(Local Sheriff kicks in the door to the Ventari Familys Manor, drops his cigar and snubs it out on the plush purple carpet, eyes up the stunned Lord and says " Dead or Alive, your coming with me")
Interesting indeed gives me some ideas... Thanks!

Interesting, but do the people have basic rights? Are these rights enforced?
(Local Sheriff kicks in the door to the Ventari Familys Manor, drops his cigar and snubs it out on the plush purple carpet, eyes up the stunned Lord and says " Dead or Alive, your coming with me")
Interesting indeed gives me some ideas... Thanks!

Of they do have basic right. Than serf in the medival
world own his little pieces of land but to pay the taxes due on it work willing on the Lord land. The Lord have no right to remove the Serf from his land. But it than group of homeless try to settle on the Lord land he or she did have the right to remove then. But this right wasnot alway use as the Lord or Lady can ask then join his fieth as worker willing.
In medival eupore after the Black Death the death penality for alot of crime was suspence for awhile as there was than labour shortly. Most noble on the small fief they run everyday know alot of the people on it by sight and many time play with then when younger. Noble who have bigger Fief many time have than trustworthly person run the one far away from his main one.

Of they do have basic right. Than serf in the medival
world own his little pieces of land but to pay the taxes due on it work willing on the Lord land. The Lord have no right to remove the Serf from his land. But it than group of homeless try to settle on the Lord land he or she did have the right to remove then. But this right wasnot alway use as the Lord or Lady can ask then join his fieth as worker willing.
In medival eupore after the Black Death the death penality for alot of crime was suspence for awhile as there was than labour shortly. Most noble on the small fief they run everyday know alot of the people on it by sight and many time play with then when younger. Noble who have bigger Fief many time have than trustworthly person run the one far away from his main one.

Works well till you chuck Tech into the mix. One of Englands major industries is still Agriculture, we have a highy mobile population and most of the work is made easier by machines hence less need for workers. On a low tech world the Fiefdom holds, but with higher tech and more automation less workers are needed and as these people still need to eat the infrostructure of the fiefdom must be able to provide or people will leave. Another point of interest is intersteller distance, If this world only provides Agriculture most intersteller Travellers won't be that interested in it. Communication would be slow and perhaps a villanous noble could get away with flagrent abuse of his Serfs! Keep up the good work!

Works well till you chuck Tech into the mix. One of Englands major industries is still Agriculture, we have a highy mobile population and most of the work is made easier by machines hence less need for workers. On a low tech world the Fiefdom holds, but with higher tech and more automation less workers are needed and as these people still need to eat the infrostructure of the fiefdom must be able to provide or people will leave. Another point of interest is intersteller distance, If this world only provides Agriculture most intersteller Travellers won't be that interested in it. Communication would be slow and perhaps a villanous noble could get away with flagrent abuse of his Serfs! Keep up the good work!

There are still certain job which than machine cannot
do as well as than human can do. The machine can plow
the fields and plant the seeds for the crops. But some crops will have to be care for by hand and pick by hand useing may-be hand held machine to help do the work. One area is makeing fine wood furnure and fine leather good. I than setting than pre-imperium camg on the World Artea by Sylea in the core subsector.Sylea has than population in the 10's of billion people (I set it at between 30 and 40 billion
people) Artea is they main bread basket planet which get than fix 120% min on they foods they sell plus they get than 120% max value they paid for certain hight tech good they donot manufacture. Artea have than good computer chips manufactureing as they have silcon and relate material on they planet also, plus they have the metal need from than old core tap(they belive, really than tranmuteing machine) on they planet. This metal cost something like 2500 cr/kg. The pre-imperial party on Sylea who want than imperium need this metal they are getting it at 40% of it value than good deal.

There are still certain job which than machine cannot
do as well as than human can do. The machine can plow
the fields and plant the seeds for the crops. But some crops will have to be care for by hand and pick by hand useing may-be hand held machine to help do the work. One area is makeing fine wood furnure and fine leather good. I than setting than pre-imperium camg on the World Artea by Sylea in the core subsector.Sylea has than population in the 10's of billion people (I set it at between 30 and 40 billion
people) Artea is they main bread basket planet which get than fix 120% min on they foods they sell plus they get than 120% max value they paid for certain hight tech good they donot manufacture. Artea have than good computer chips manufactureing as they have silcon and relate material on they planet also, plus they have the metal need from than old core tap(they belive, really than tranmuteing machine) on they planet. This metal cost something like 2500 cr/kg. The pre-imperial party on Sylea who want than imperium need this metal they are getting it at 40% of it value than good deal.

Back