• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

[Not an Ad!] Humble Bundle Maps Bonanza - take a look!

Ector

SOC-5
Please take a look at Humble Bundle Maps Bonanza. It contains at least three items for us Travellers:
  • Cosmographer, specially designed for Traveller. Build new starships, solar systems and more!
  • Fractal Terrains, a must-have tool for a Scout campaign. Generate new planets instantly!
  • Source Maps: Cities! - a set of premade cities, suitable for any TL.
This is not an Ad. I will buy this bundle on Friday, and just want to share my excitement ;)

thanks - while I have a good bit of that already there is enough other stuff to make me think about it.

edit: dang, went ahead. I play with CC3 a bit and when I follow to tutorials can do some nice things. Time to play with it some more!

Last edited:
We need better tutorials, I think. I've used AutoCAD before, but I couldn't wrap my head around Campaign Cartographer even watching a YouTube tutorial. I think they start too big. Start with a small forest glade or town, maybe?

We need better tutorials, I think. I've used AutoCAD before, but I couldn't wrap my head around Campaign Cartographer even watching a YouTube tutorial. I think they start too big. Start with a small forest glade or town, maybe?
there are usually some PDFs when you get these, and the instructions in those are pretty good. But yes, CC is a really complicated program that can give great results, but does have a steep learning curve. It's layers are not the same as layers in other graphics programs so take a bit to get used to. But there are a map-load of effects you can create/modify. Just wish I could spend a few hours a day at it.

Year subscriptions, not a fan to be honest.
I say the same thing myself, and am willing to die on that hill.

The $30 15-item bundle replaces the 1-year CC3 license in the 11-item bundle (currently priced at $28 and change) with a lifetime license, and adds Fractal Terrains... for less than two bucks more.

Please take a look at Humble Bundle Maps Bonanza. It contains at least three items for us Travellers:
  • Cosmographer, specially designed for Traveller. Build new starships, solar systems and more!
  • Fractal Terrains, a must-have tool for a Scout campaign. Generate new planets instantly!
  • Source Maps: Cities! - a set of premade cities, suitable for any TL.
This is not an Ad. I will buy this bundle on Friday, and just want to share my excitement ;)
Thank you. Snatched it up right now.

I say the same thing myself, and am willing to die on that hill.

The $30 15-item bundle replaces the 1-year CC3 license in the 11-item bundle (currently priced at $28 and change) with a lifetime license, and adds Fractal Terrains... for less than two bucks more.
not a subscription fan either. But as I had not updated my copy of CC3 in a while, it still works, you just don't get the various updates. And I really need to see what those updates have been and start playing around more with the software. Though pretty sure I have the lifetime subscription from the last bundle I got (or that was even before they started a subscription model as it has been a few years now)

edit: and huh: COTI now remembers partially started posts!

Back