• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Psi looks badly broken

Clanmorell,

I'll refer you to my responses to these questions in the other thread where you first posted the above comments.
Thanks for being so analytical of the suggestion, though. Constructive feedback is always appreciated.

http://www.travellerrpg.com/cgi-bin/Trav/CotI/Discuss/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000447;p=1#000002

Enjoy,
Flynn

I've just glanced through the previous four pages of this thread so forgive me if I repeat anything!

My take on psionics would probably be;

Natural Talent has to be taken as a starting feat (as per Force Sensitive in SW) but otherwise is as written.

Ditch Talent feats. If you have an affinity for a sphere you develop it as a cross-class skill and when you reach the required skill ranks you can use the talents. (From a Living campaign point of view I'd be tempted to treat each individual sphere as a feat as it's easier to control! Not sure yet how to control Psi strength though).

Have to have a think about DC's. I think they're needed for the likes of Telepathy.

Hey! I was right! The gentleman is here, and he did post his link!

Hi, Flynn! I'm going to go back to bed, now.

Now, remember that this is the 1st edition. Hopefully more will follow. The rules can change. Can't they?

Originally posted by Jame:
The rules can change. Can't they?
Not only can they change, but we just might be the guys that do the changing! So keep focused, people. There's work to be done! :D

Well it is good to hear that the power that be are listening to what is going on. That is usually a good sign for any game nowdays.

It is also encouraging to hear that although the focus is CT "style" the creators realize that the CT is a sub-genre that needs to be applied not a system basis, hence the other systems can contribute to what T20 psionics can look like.

As I "think" I have stated D20 is a system of feats, skills and DCs. It runs throughout all the game sub-systems and it should do the same with psionics. I have looked at a couple of the posted systems briefly, but I think that the people who have posted are looking at some of the same general ideas. A feat or two for psionics Natural talent or Psionic training, a feat for the different spheres then skill ranks determining what you can do.

I think that the DC systems may be the hardest part to figure out, because you want something that works accross the board. I will post some of my ideas on how to do that.

Originally posted by Ran Malia:
I think that the DC systems may be the hardest part to figure out, because you want something that works accross the board. I will post some of my ideas on how to do that.
I'd be tempted to have a look at what Star Wars does with it's Force Skills. Telekinesis (Move Object) immediately springs to mind, where your check roll determines what mass of object you get to move. Enhance Ability works in a similar fashion.

Back