• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Question about Travellermap

ShawnDriscoll

SOC-14 1K
The site doesn't like B to have a value of 'P'. I think that would be a pirate base.
So the system is not rendered in the booklet PDF. Is this a normal function?

Here is the line:
Code:
0806 Anshi II             D527487-5 Lt Ni                                        P    900 7  Im   M8 V

Other systems in my list that have errors still get rendered.

Travellermap coding that is legal for bases.

Code Description Allegiance
C Corsair Base. Vargr.
D Naval Depot. Any.
E Embassy. Hiver.
K Naval Base. Any.
M Military Base. Any.
N Naval Base. Imperial.
R Clan Base. Aslan.
S Scout Base. Imperial.
T Tlaukhu Base. Aslan.
V Exploration Base. Any.
W Way Station. Any.

Note the lack of a code for P.

Yeah, T5-formatted data is strict about what is accepted to prevent the mess that is old SEC data files. This will be called out of the data checker is used, and the site wouldn't know what to do with a P anyway.

Non-T5 file formats accept more but the interpretations rely on heuristics so the results may be unpredictable.

Yeah, T5-formatted data is strict about what is accepted to prevent the mess that is old SEC data files. This will be called out of the data checker is used, and the site wouldn't know what to do with a P anyway.

Non-T5 file formats accept more but the interpretations rely on heuristics so the results may be unpredictable.
Ok. I thought maybe the 'P' would just be ignored, and the system still gets rendered on the map. Instead of the hex being blank.

I am definitely old fashioned, not keen on computers probability guessing.

Then again I’m in Einstein’s corner re God and dice.

Back