• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Saw a Campaign idea on Mongoose forum - what Campaign ideas do you have?

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
I saw a message on the Mongoose Publishing forum from 2016 about a Campaign called DISPLACED. The tagline read: "Not everyone chooses to be a Traveller" I thought this was a great idea. But I've only seen it the one time. I wonder what happened to it?

I've had several ideas for Campaigns. I posted what I worked on for a Regina subsector Campaign using the Classic Traveller adventures and I still pick at it every once in a while.

I always thought there should be a Psionics Campaign called "Hidden in Plain Sight" - about the underground Psionics Movement in the 3rd Imperium.

What Campaigns would you like to see?

a Campaign called DISPLACED. The tagline read: "Not everyone chooses to be a Traveller" I thought this was a great idea.
You know how there's a classic Skyrim game opening of waking up in a horse drawn cart that's on the move?

Can do that as the opening to a Traveller campaign ... with the PCs being evacuated. 🚀✨
Where from?
Why?
What's going on?
Well, that's all part of how the Referee establishes the setting and sets up the story that's about to begin, isn't it? :rolleyes:

You know how there's a classic Skyrim game opening of waking up in a horse drawn cart that's on the move?

Can do that as the opening to a Traveller campaign ... with the PCs being evacuated. 🚀✨
Where from?
Why?
What's going on?
Well, that's all part of how the Referee establishes the setting and sets up the story that's about to begin, isn't it? :rolleyes:
That’s how the TV series Dark Matter starts. A big part of it is finding out who they were and what person they will choose to be going forward.

We went with a post-EW Pocket Empires campaign. Just establishing the setting was an adventure in itself!
Note that you don't have to resort to EW or even Pocket Empires for that campaign concept to work.
Simply starting out your campaign "on the fringes of settled space" achieves the same thing, where establishing the setting can become an adventure in itself.

All you need is a "road less traveled" ... or as a mildly (in)famous farmboy once said to a droid he was cleaning, "If there's a bright center to the galaxy, you're on the planet it's farthest from."

Remember, "not in Kansas" has been used in multiple ways by multiple storytellers to launch adventures.

Back