• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

secret forums?

Dagrill

SOC-13
Hi,

I have received an email for Marc about updating my T5 CD, when I clicked on the link it referred to the secret forums.

Is this a 'secret forum'? (I would hate to claim something I'm not entitled too).

Kind regards

David

Nope. There's a private access forum for beta testers (it's invisible). Anyone who bought the beta CD from Marc could register with DonM for access. Its where a lot of proof reading and discussion was done before the book went to print.

If you bought the beta CD then you were entitled to join, and now you'll get an updated CD as per Marc's e-mail.

I hope those forums become unsecret (but read only is fine) after T5 is officially released. I think it will help answer what no doubt may well be a legion of questions about why things are they way they are without have to be rehashed by others.

I think that is the plan. But as to why things are the way they are, at the end of the day its because that's the way Marc wrote them.

Sort of.

I think that is the plan. But as to why things are the way they are, at the end of the day its because that's the way Marc wrote them.
Last I heard, yeah the plan was to make the T5 Private Forum read only so those of us who did a bunch of work there can go and datamine it later. (Which one of these days I need to get to.)

As for Marc writing everything, from my little view behind the screens Marc wrote a metric ton or two, but sometimes he just let what someone else wrote stand. Which was cool of him.

Last edited:
I hope those forums become unsecret (but read only is fine) after T5 is officially released. I think it will help answer what no doubt may well be a legion of questions about why things are they way they are without have to be rehashed by others.

My understanding is that they will not become public.

The T5 Beta forum will be made read-only for current members thereof. It will neither be deleted nor opened to the public, but what's there can continue to be referenced by those with extant access.

As for Marc writing everything, from my little view behind the screens Marc wrote a metric ton or two, but sometimes he just let what someone else wrote stand. Which was cool of him.

Ah sorry I meant more that Marc had the final word. Big thanks again to all who contributed.

My understanding is that they will not become public.

The T5 Beta forum will be made read-only for current members thereof. It will neither be deleted nor opened to the public, but what's there can continue to be referenced by those with extant access.

Referencing a secret archive in a public discussion could be a bit opaque. But on the plus side it'll make me feel like I'm in a Dan Brown novel :)

Nice.

Ah sorry I meant more that Marc had the final word. Big thanks again to all who contributed.
That is true, he does get the final word (which is very often his to my knowledge). And you are welcome. :devil: (I am sometimes so shameless.)

Referencing a secret archive in a public discussion could be a bit opaque. But on the plus side it'll make me feel like I'm in a Dan Brown novel :)
This bit is both true and funny. T5 Book X: the Conspiracies, which I can't lie one day I would love to do or see done.

Back