• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Slowing down?

M

Malenfant

All of a sudden, nobody's posted anything to the board over the past 24 hours... are we slowing down here? Waiting for more data? Running out of inspiration? Or just hard at work on stuff? ;)

Real life and lots of birthday parties has intruded. Normal service will resume after the weekend.

I'll review everything on Sunday and then revise the map notes on my site, and maybe post some other ideas if I got time.

Parents visiting for holidays, Oktoberfest, and a trip to Spain next week are all having a hand in my slowdown ;) will be back after that!

-W.

I've been... (Queue Applebee's Riblets music)

lurking lurking lurking, Everyone's Been Lurking, ALL HAVE BEEN IN HIDING, WAITING...

Real World Intrudes...

Starting a new job, finishing old job, paying the medical insurance premiums, etc etc

I guess I'm confused about what's going on.

There are so many threads I can't follow them all.

In various ones decisions apparently got made that superseded previous suggestions, and that left me feeling pretty much dumped out of the entire process (borders and colonization timeframes), even though I did eventually agree with those decisions. I tried to catch up, but pretty much all I'm doing now is reading and waiting for the UWP dump. We'd agreed not to get any detail work done until we got the overview history done.

Oh! I am working on a T20 version of the Pran (the minor alien race I'm contributing; who will have their homeworld in ss H). I've got the week off now, and will have time to pursue it.

I'm putting people on notice that I may well manually alter the UWP of whatever their homeworld turns out to be after the UWPs are generated by Malenfant.

Originally posted by Gruffty:
Aslaama, efendis. I am back from Tunisia / Tataouine (that's the correct spelling, by the way!) Boy, you guys have been busy!!...
Heh, the project manager (wink, wink) ran off for two weeks. :D

I remember thinking last week, "I wish Grufty would get back."

The pub! What a great idea! See ya ;)

Actually just busy here RL(tm) and wrap up of the JTAS contest (your humble host this go around), and then starved for some RP interaction I went and signed on a PBEM but now that that's actually rolling it shouldn't take too much free time.

I am hoping to get back to the Spica Project next week, though my contributions small as they are may be sporadic for the next while. I will try to keep up on the reading side of it which was rather daunting in itself sometimes

Originally posted by Jame:

lurking lurking lurking, Everyone's Been Lurking, ALL HAVE BEEN IN HIDING, WAITING...
file_21.gif

How did I miss that? Good one, not seen the commercial but I'm guessing the tune is "Rawhide", at least it works with the words and has that western theme.

Originally posted by Gruffty:
I had the tune to that one as an old Del Shannon song.......... :(
Hmm, which one? Not "Keep Searchin'" maybe? Not sure, it's been a while. When I saw this yeah another tune, country rock, might have been by Del Shannon popped into my head. Just can't nail it down, I hate when that happens

Originally posted by far-trader:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jame:

file_21.gif

How did I miss that? Good one, not seen the commercial but I'm guessing the tune is "Rawhide", at least it works with the words and has that western theme.
</font>[/QUOTE]I have no idea which it is, but for some reason "Rawhide" wants to rudely shove its way into my brain as the source. There's another version, but you'll have to look in the Political Pulpit to find it (that's the only place I'll post that version).

edit: And though I'm not working on this (aside from moral support, like you'd get from a lazy cat) I'd like to see this project get finished. And hopefully I'd look through it, too!
file_22.gif
;)

I'm still dropping in to see whats happening, and its all perculating away, but not gonna have chance to write it up of a few days.

What stage are we at atm? Will aim to incorproate the new ideas for hiver etc into the scratch map soon.

Originally posted by far-trader:
The pub! What a great idea! See ya ;)
Damn, I KNEW there was a reason why I wanted to work with you on those two subsectors! ;) Ok, I'm off to the pub myself after just getting back from my holidays... I look forward to catching up on things (In the midst of also quitting my job and deciding to move back to Canada with my wife) :eek:

-W.

Good morning, All,

What's the status on the Spica Project? How are things going? What stage are we at? Has anything been formalized at this point in time?

Thanks,
Flynn

You'd be waiting a while for those, I'm still working on the UWP generation system (but getting closer).

I did suggest that people start coming up with polities from the top-down while waiting for UWPs.

Some of us don't work like that, but for those that do, they've got something to do, at least.

So, we're in "pause mode" until this UWP generation system is completed? Perhaps this is something we could help you with... if you want help, that is.

Later,
Flynn

BTW, you might want to change the following line in the stickied CSSP Plan thread:

"You may use any method to generate the UWPs for your chosen systems."

It appears that this statement is no longer valid,
Flynn

Originally posted by Flynn:
Some of us don't work like that, but for those that do, they've got something to do, at least.

So, we're in "pause mode" until this UWP generation system is completed? Perhaps this is something we could help you with... if you want help, that is.

Later,
Flynn
Well, it would be rather fab if you could use your awesome programming skills to make a UWP generator based on it... I don't want to say anything about it yet though because it's still in a bit of a state of flux and I'm still figuring out atmospheres at the moment. Once I'm done with that though, the rest of the UWP should be fairly straightforward.

While the UWPs might be on pause though, there's no reason why people can't still talk about borders, polities, what's going on around Spica to influence what's happening inside the sector, how the Hivers and Sollies get along, what races could be in the unaligned territories, and so on.

Back