• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Slowing down?

Given the flow, I (or any of a number of people on the board, for that matter) can whip up a UWP generator based on the method. That's not too much of an issue. If I'm not doing something else when you get it done, I'll definitely give it a shot.

I think the border discussions are about done, or as done as people are wanting to go with them at the moment.

Polities: There's been some good suggestions presented, but I don't know what's stopped those discussions.

Races: Ditto. Not to mention that the Races need a place, and won't have one until the UWPs are done...

As for the rest of it, the topics are only so exciting, and then they lose their... pizzazz, for lack of a better word.

Sure, there's no reason why people can't talk about these things, but they aren't, so there's obviously a reason why. Just concerned that the project may be stagnating, after such an impressive start.

-Flynn

I think these projects always end up stagnating a short while after they start (heck, I said as much at the start). They need people to organise things and to continuously drive others to get things done and keep the momentum going. 'Course, when I tried to do that I got yelled at for being overbearing :( . I thought Gruffty had taken over though?

That's not to say that it won't pick up again though, all it needs is someone to give it a push.

Regarding the races, just describe a homeworld for them using the current system (but it can't have a 4-9 atmosphere and be below size 5) and we can purpose-build the UWP in detail for them later.

Well I've gotten sidetracked with other projects and RL. Now that the T20 Merc Contest is in the home stretch, I think >.< , and other matters are easing up I'll try to look over the various threads this week and post some.

I'd like to help with a faction or at least a world if possible.

Casey

Nov. 7 2004 update: realistically I'm not going to be able to get back on this until after the T20 Merc Contest and the ISW playtest is over. And see how the holiday prep is shaping up. >.<

I got lots of ideas but don't wanna swamp anyone. Been kinda waiting for some feedback on some of my suggestions posted on my site - don't wanna go ahead making stuff if it's treading on others ideas or people don't like it. Sometimes I could post all day long but it gets embarrasing when its only you on a thread!

I'm tending to assume if no one raises objections there's provisional approval. Is this corerct?

I got plenty of rough notes - could work up some data on the FTZ idea....?

Originally posted by Klaus:
I got lots of ideas but don't wanna swamp anyone. Been kinda waiting for some feedback on some of my suggestions posted on my site - don't wanna go ahead making stuff if it's treading on others ideas or people don't like it. Sometimes I could post all day long but it gets embarrasing when its only you on a thread!

I'm tending to assume if no one raises objections there's provisional approval. Is this corerct?

I got plenty of rough notes - could work up some data on the FTZ idea....?
Kinda have the same problem with the borders not being finalised or comments on the changes I posted so I know what you mean... Is anyone else still out there? :D

-W.

Originally posted by Malenfant:
You'd be waiting a while for those, I'm still working on the UWP generation system (but getting closer).

I did suggest that people start coming up with polities from the top-down while waiting for UWPs.
That will create a situation where I decide what the UWPs are on my own, but I can handle that.

Originally posted by Malenfant:
While the UWPs might be on pause though, there's no reason why people can't still talk about borders, polities, what's going on around Spica to influence what's happening inside the sector, how the Hivers and Sollies get along, what races could be in the unaligned territories, and so on.
I do recall that we did those very things. ;)

Well, um, keep going!

Last I heard, you hadn't agreed on where the borders actually are...

I'm still working on the Realistic UWP generator.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody else has been discussing anything here though - you're not all waiting for me, there's plenty for you to be talking about here that doesn't depend on the UWPs...

I am waiting on you, Mal.
Remember, UWPs are fairly important to my design approach on these things.

-Flynn

Sure, but I'm just saying people don't need to be twiddling their thumbs waiting for me. Some of you at least can be talking about relations between the hivers and other races, or the Sollies and other races, or whatever.

Are we going with the subsector names that are there? (not that I have a problem with that ;) ).

I think polling people on every single little issue will land up wasting more time than saving it!

I think they look fine. I like the "Three Spheres" one, actually, makes me wonder what the three spheres are...! There's something for people to discuss! :D

Oh and, erm, do we really have to have Guineas in this (don't think I didn't notice... ;) )?!

Vehemently? ;)

OK, I say we can keep the Guineas... as long as they're raised as foodstock by the S'Raxians :eek:
file_23.gif

Just a note that if folk need storage space for graphics that flickr.com allows 10mb upload a month for free which should suffice for this project.
Heard about it before, used it when I was helping a relative set up a blog, liked it. Looks pretty much like iPhoto on the web. I know that where to put graphics was an issue earlier.

Oh and it interfaces with blogs fairly well jic anyone sets up a blog for Spica or needs something to host/post pictures for their blog.

Note: not connected with them aside from having created an account with them.

Casey

Originally posted by Gruffty:
Just to let you all know, I've had to disassemble parts of my site. Unfortunately, the Spica Sector Basic Information .doc hasn't been put back up yet. I will try to upload it a.s.a.p.
I suppose this answers my other question . . .

Back