• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Soldier/Spacer/Marine "7 Technical" skill table

RogerD

SOC-12
When does one of the military services permits the use of the "7 Technical" skill table?

From what I can see:
1. Every character can use the "1 Personal" skill table as desired
2. The military services allow you to use the skill tables from the missions you rolled that term.
3. There is a branch called "Technical" for each of the services.
4. There are no uses of the word "Technical" in the PDF outside the service sheets.

Using rules as written, one would never be able to use these tables unless I'm missing something?

Perhaps this was intended as a table always available to members of the Technical branch?

It is not clearly written, but I assume it is always available, otherwise no other career would be able to use any table other than Personal?

Thanks for the reply. I had thought that the non military services permit any table any time. Only the three military services are limited by the rolls for what duty they had that term.

Re-reading it does look like promotion and commission skills maybe could come from this table or maybe only personal is allowed but the example then needs updating.

I suppose this is another item for errata but what do people actually do?

Back