• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

SPOILER ALERT: Question - Robots can't survive Jump?

From a footnote on page 134:

"The robot plot was bound to fail; its conspirators did not know that their robot brains cannot survive jump, even protected by a ship’s jump field." (emphasis added)

As I parse it, that "their" points to these specific robots. I'm thinking that any culture with jump drive and robots would figure out some way to engineer robots to function in and after jump. It's only those without jump drive who might get a nasty surprise . . .

I did not see the footnote in my paperback version of Agent of the Imperium.
I do remember the Zhodani use warbots on their ships, using them whenever they have a conflict.

From a footnote on page 134:

"The robot plot was bound to fail; its conspirators did not know that their robot brains cannot survive jump, even protected by a ship’s jump field."

Uh, what now? I've never read anything in Traveller that suggests robots cannot survive jump. Anyone know anything more about this? It is just these particular robots or any robot?

"Their" robot brains.

I did not see the footnote in my paperback version of Agent of the Imperium.
The annotated edition of the ebook.

Back