• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Starship Deckplan Guide

Looks good, Dan! Couple of your questions answered:
1) The red striped things are the engineering tool lockers.
2) Those are supposedly ceiling hatches - for two of the turrets. They can't really come in much.

I kinda like the single entry point through the airlock. The only thing I have to consider is that the bottom deck is split by the ship's boat cradle. So, if the airlock is in use, you can't really get from one side of engineering to the other without those extra hatches. BTW, the staterooms you see just forward of engineering are crew spaces - they are almost totally separated from the passenger areas, so there's already a security control in place.

I'll keep fiddling with this until I feel good about it. I think I can fit all of the pax staterooms in, as long as nobody counts the cargo space carefully......

Looks good, Dan! Couple of your questions answered:
1) The red striped things are the engineering tool lockers.
2) Those are supposedly ceiling hatches - for two of the turrets. They can't really come in much.

I kinda like the single entry point through the airlock. The only thing I have to consider is that the bottom deck is split by the ship's boat cradle. So, if the airlock is in use, you can't really get from one side of engineering to the other without those extra hatches. BTW, the staterooms you see just forward of engineering are crew spaces - they are almost totally separated from the passenger areas, so there's already a security control in place.

I'll keep fiddling with this until I feel good about it. I think I can fit all of the pax staterooms in, as long as nobody counts the cargo space carefully......

Okay, I went back and refigured the engineering spaces from scratch. The assymetry is not too bad, and I think I can fit everything in without getting goofy. I haven't actually placed the J-drive and PP, yet. The pics below have a couple of reference lines on them, as well as the .5m grid (for better precision) in what will be the passenger areas.

Deck 1:
engineering1new.gif

Deck 2:
engineering2new.gif

As before, the crew quarters are mostly portside on both decks, although there are extra staterooms on the starboard side (will explain when I'm done). The yellow thing on port is the computer, the smaller bluish speckled things are 3 of the 4 Emergency Low Berths, the large speckled thing is the regular Low Berth (capacity: 10). The tan spots are the crew common areas.

Okay, I went back and refigured the engineering spaces from scratch. The assymetry is not too bad, and I think I can fit everything in without getting goofy. I haven't actually placed the J-drive and PP, yet. The pics below have a couple of reference lines on them, as well as the .5m grid (for better precision) in what will be the passenger areas.

Deck 1:
engineering1new.gif

Deck 2:
engineering2new.gif

As before, the crew quarters are mostly portside on both decks, although there are extra staterooms on the starboard side (will explain when I'm done). The yellow thing on port is the computer, the smaller bluish speckled things are 3 of the 4 Emergency Low Berths, the large speckled thing is the regular Low Berth (capacity: 10). The tan spots are the crew common areas.

Hi Fritz, thanks for the praise. I want to be clear I'm not trying to bend your style to mine, just offering what I hope is help
In that spirit, and because doodling with deckplans is fun, I have adjusted my take on your problems again, just for ideas.

I thought the red striped things might be tools or emergency stores. I stuck one back in nice and handy in engineering. I also added that dorsal (escape?) hatch back near the center. Wasn't sure about the outboard hatches, but I managed to move them back and add some more nooks, the gunners wouldn't like it but that's tough ;)

I can see the access problem better now with the two decks. I'd probably fix it by making floor hatches right below the ones to the turrets. If the airlock is in use it's for a reason and access will be a pain. However, I added maintenance hatches, for emergency (and fun) to each side on the upper deck (they are the grey imbedded lines in the bulkheads). I also added a viewport to the airlock, always handy (and fun).

I figured the staterooms would be crew there, wasn't sure what the yellow was, computer I see now.

I also wasn't sure or clear earlier about asking what the speckled area in engineering was. Emergency lowberth it turns out. I'm uncomfortable putting it in engineering so I relocated it (as the blue striped area) to the computer shack , and added an iris to the room for security in my take. Oh, and added a seat/workstation for the computer.

That's my take on it. 25tons to port and 40tons to starboard split between two decks. The engineering spaces and fixtures would copied (more or less) on each deck, though the area outside that (including the fuel) would be a little different as per yours.

I promise I won't count the cargo spaces too closely ;) but you may find it easier/better to keep that as close as possible and cheat a little on the quarters. Players may be trying to cram in all they can if your cargo hold is oversized

Yours is looking good, I like the ideas and await the final version in patient anticipation.

Hi Fritz, thanks for the praise. I want to be clear I'm not trying to bend your style to mine, just offering what I hope is help
In that spirit, and because doodling with deckplans is fun, I have adjusted my take on your problems again, just for ideas.

I thought the red striped things might be tools or emergency stores. I stuck one back in nice and handy in engineering. I also added that dorsal (escape?) hatch back near the center. Wasn't sure about the outboard hatches, but I managed to move them back and add some more nooks, the gunners wouldn't like it but that's tough ;)

I can see the access problem better now with the two decks. I'd probably fix it by making floor hatches right below the ones to the turrets. If the airlock is in use it's for a reason and access will be a pain. However, I added maintenance hatches, for emergency (and fun) to each side on the upper deck (they are the grey imbedded lines in the bulkheads). I also added a viewport to the airlock, always handy (and fun).

I figured the staterooms would be crew there, wasn't sure what the yellow was, computer I see now.

I also wasn't sure or clear earlier about asking what the speckled area in engineering was. Emergency lowberth it turns out. I'm uncomfortable putting it in engineering so I relocated it (as the blue striped area) to the computer shack , and added an iris to the room for security in my take. Oh, and added a seat/workstation for the computer.

That's my take on it. 25tons to port and 40tons to starboard split between two decks. The engineering spaces and fixtures would copied (more or less) on each deck, though the area outside that (including the fuel) would be a little different as per yours.

I promise I won't count the cargo spaces too closely ;) but you may find it easier/better to keep that as close as possible and cheat a little on the quarters. Players may be trying to cram in all they can if your cargo hold is oversized

Yours is looking good, I like the ideas and await the final version in patient anticipation.

Well, if I can finish the silly thing, I will post the whole kit and kaboodle to The Fleet.

Thanks for your input, Dan.

Well, if I can finish the silly thing, I will post the whole kit and kaboodle to The Fleet.

Thanks for your input, Dan.

Back