• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Stellar Reaches #4 now available...

Flynn

SOC-14 1K
Good Afternoon, All,

Finally, after all that work, starting over at times, and having to make some hard decisions, I finally reached the point where Issue #4, Spring 2006, of Stellar Reaches is now ready for download, so feel free to go check it out at your convenience.

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you for your continued patience as I struggled through life challenges to get this issue of Stellar Reaches out for your perusal and enjoyment. While it is a lot of work, I’m happy to say that it is finally complete and ready for release. I hope that you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
You’ll probably notice that there’s a lot in this particular issue. Aside from our final article on the Astrography of the Empty Quarter sector in 993, you’ll find not one, but two adventures written by fans like yourself. “Hebrin Nights” is Part One of the Lorimar Slot, a double adventure by Mark "Commander Drax" Bridgeman. In it, you’ll find a lot of information in the adventure’s appendices that help to flesh out the Empty Quarter a little more. "Volander Libre" is a good introductory adventure written by Frank Mikes, and is designed to help bring new players into a Traveller campaign. Wrapping up info on the sector, you can catch Jeff M. Hopper’s regular article, "The Empty Quarter Echo," this time focusing on the world of Mikik. Outside the Empty Quarter arena, you’ll find a Classic Traveller article on 17 Small Craft, written by the prolific Omer "Employee #2-4601" Golan. For Traveller T20, Christian "Chaos" Schwietzke supplies us with two new prestige classes in a double dose of Prestigious Careers, the Bounty Hunter and the Starport Medic. And of course, we wrap up with an entertaining patron encounter, another contribution from our Ethical Patron contest last year.

Thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm over the Stellar Reaches fanzine. I do this for the joy it gives me, and for the opportunity to contribute to the Traveller community. Your comments and compliments are very muchly appreciated, as always.

Prepare To Jump,
Jason "Flynn" Kemp
Editor, Stellar Reaches fanzine
http://stellarreaches.nwgamers.org/

I've just scanned through it and I like what I see - this fanzine is getting even better from issue to issue!

And I'm sorry for not sanding you an adventure for this issue - I'll send you one for issue #5, I promise!

Just wait until you see the Special Supplement...

-Flynn

A whole sector for 1248? Too bad I won't have any money soon to buy the 1248 sourcebook :(

Also, I know nothing of the Hinterworlds, or of the 1248 setting (how much of TNE is conserved in it?), so I'll probably just post something for SR #5 rather for the supplement.

Flynn, I've enjoyed the background and adventures on the Empty Quadrant very much - I'm using it as background for my c.1100 (Judges Guild) Gateway.

What are you using to create Bwap words? Do you have a lexicon that you're working from, or a word generator of some kind? I like the Bwaps and want to feature them prominently in my setting.

Originally posted by Black Globe Generator:
Flynn, I've enjoyed the background and adventures on the Empty Quadrant very much - I'm using it as background for my c.1100 (Judges Guild) Gateway.

What are you using to create Bwap words? Do you have a lexicon that you're working from, or a word generator of some kind? I like the Bwaps and want to feature them prominently in my setting.
not to go OT but you can get a word maker
here: http://www.langmaker.com/ neat stuff

Originally posted by Vargas:
I've got news for you, Flynn is a Bwap . . .

;)
While his organizational abilities are clearly of the first-order, he is much too concise to be a Bwap!

;)

Oh no. Not another issue. I was just starting to get over the withdrawal symptoms....... All that therapy down the tubes. ;)

Thanks, Flynn!

BTW, for everyone's information...
Flynn is just as nice in person as he is on these boards. Quite a guy. (Nice family, too.) Keep supporting this fanzine, y'all.

Flynn, I will try to get my deckplan finished and get it to you for issue #5, if you like.

Flynn, I went back and read all 4 issues. GREAT JOB!

As Fritz88 mentioned, we should support this effort. Other than reading it and giving you feedback and submissions, is there a, uhm, donation area? I would be willing to throw in a few bucks to help cover costs, time etc....

Back