• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T20 Consolidated Errata

DonM

Marquis
The project begins...

Marc Miller has asked me to pull together a T20 errata document like the other legacy Traveller editions have (CT/MT/TNE/T4).

So, before posting errata suggestions, other than the two errata documents I'm aware of that Hunter prepared, are there other documents or compilations that I should be aware of?

Where can I find T20 errata

Afternoon PDT all,

I discovered last week that Donald McKinney's Traveller site can not be displayed which I learned from the Michael McKinney, Donald's son, on the TML has been suspended by godaddy (I think) but hopefully will be back tomorrow.

In the mean time I'm trying to find T20 errata, can anyone please provide a link?

Thank-you

If there not on the FFE site, we should keep them in the COTI files section, or the wiki. Many of us probably have at least one to upload somewhere.

It's a matter where we want to keep errata files. I thought Marc had official files on FFE.

Hello Savage,

Thank you for the reply and I'm hoping there is a copy of T20 errata I can get a hold of.

If there not on the FFE site, we should keep them in the COTI files section, or the wiki. Many of us probably have at least one to upload somewhere.

It's a matter where we want to keep errata files. I thought Marc had official files on FFE.

There are seven items listed on FFE's official Fixes and Corrections for Hardcopy Errata (http://www.farfuture.net/errata.html).

Consolidated CT Errata (currently unavailable)
Consolidated CT Reprint Errata
Consolidated MT Errata
Consolidated TNE Errata
Errata T4 (currently unavailable)
Errata T4 Central Supply Catalog
Consolidated Errata 2300 AD

Consolidated CT Errata and Errata T4 are linked to documents on the late Donald McKinney's Traveller pages http://dmckinne.winterwar.org/trav.html and/or
http://dmckinne.winterwar.org/pdfs/ConsolidatedT4Errata.pdf

I know that Mongoose Traveller's first edition had a link to Donald McKinney's site. I do not recall seeing a T20 errata document on his page either, but I could be wrong.

I discovered last week that the site could not be displayed and got into contact with Donald McKinney's son Michael. Apparently there is some sort of issue about payments and the host for the site has blocked access. I am hoping that Michael McKinney is successful in getting access to his father's site for the Traveller community.

Tom, This is for the Traveller Book. The first installment of T20 Traveller. Although, many products we're reviewed on COTI, they're are still "oops" mistakes out there. Hunter really didn't have the time to publish, i assume he collected a mistake list, before his untimely passing. Most people in the core team have moved onto MgT, T5 or other pursuits. Although, I did a few reviews of 1248 (as did many) I was never involved with the "product development team" of T20.

Publish what you find on the COTI T20 thread.

Tom, This is for the Traveller Book. The first installment of T20 Traveller. Although, many products we're reviewed on COTI, they're are still "oops" mistakes out there. Hunter really didn't have the time to publish, i assume he collected a mistake list, before his untimely passing. Most people in the core team have moved onto MgT, T5 or other pursuits. Although, I did a few reviews of 1248 (as did many) I was never involved with the "product development team" of T20.

Publish what you find on the COTI T20 thread.

The "Core Team" was JUST Hunter. At least after Martin walked.

The "lead playtesters" really did additional development; we went way beyond what playtesting normally is. That said, none of us were insiders to QLI.

The "Core Team" was JUST Hunter. At least after Martin walked.

The "lead playtesters" really did additional development; we went way beyond what playtesting normally is. That said, none of us were insiders to QLI.

I was under the impression that Martin and others wrote some of the later products beyond THB. But I haven't looked at the author pages in a long time.

I think it's a good point that QLI was "Hunter".

I was under the impression that Martin and others wrote some of the later products beyond THB. But I haven't looked at the author pages in a long time.

I think it's a good point that QLI was "Hunter".

Martin did write much of the supplements - as a freelancer.

Don McKinney Sub-domain Page for Traveller

My father's Traveller page is live for the month of April, but after that, if the files are to be anywhere, they will not be available there. Go-Daddy (which is where dad has his sub-domain at, through the Winter War Gaming Convention) is a little unreasonable in pricing for what content Dad had available. That being said, I think we could move those files to another location (since they are Errata) without too much trouble.

It's not 'finances' per se (the cost isn't the problem), it's this: When Dad was alive, he was Chairman of the Winter War Gaming Convention. But now that he has passed, it seemed rather inappropriate to keep the page up to mother and I. Simply because it's an expense tied to Winter War. We're (Mom and I) still associating and working in the Winter War Gaming Convention. It's just a recognition of transition, as the Convention has a new Chairman, and the website is that person's to maintain and operate.

I have thought about creating a Wordpress Page to post the Traveller Errata's on that are at least on Dad's page, and if they are found to be in our possession. That being said, if there is a legal barrier (one of the companies sold their errata as a product), then obviously those ones will not be posted. But barring any warning I need, I will endeavor to keep the Erratas available.

When I have figured out where and how I am going to do so, I will post here again with where to find the documentation.

Cheers all!

Hello Archangel620,

My father's Traveller page is live for the month of April, but after that, if the files are to be anywhere, they will not be available there. Go-Daddy (which is where dad has his sub-domain at, through the Winter War Gaming Convention) is a little unreasonable in pricing for what content Dad had available. That being said, I think we could move those files to another location (since they are Errata) without too much trouble.

It's not 'finances' per se (the cost isn't the problem), it's this: When Dad was alive, he was Chairman of the Winter War Gaming Convention. But now that he has passed, it seemed rather inappropriate to keep the page up to mother and I. Simply because it's an expense tied to Winter War. We're (Mom and I) still associating and working in the Winter War Gaming Convention. It's just a recognition of transition, as the Convention has a new Chairman, and the website is that person's to maintain and operate.

I have thought about creating a Wordpress Page to post the Traveller Errata's on that are at least on Dad's page, and if they are found to be in our possession. That being said, if there is a legal barrier (one of the companies sold their errata as a product), then obviously those ones will not be posted. But barring any warning I need, I will endeavor to keep the Erratas available.

When I have figured out where and how I am going to do so, I will post here again with where to find the documentation.

Cheers all!

Thank you for the information and heads up about Donald's site. Have you checked with this group about hosting all of his errata material?

I see various people making statements of fact about what happened at QLI, and some of these statements seem to be based on incomplete or inaccurate information.

My relationship with QLI is not easily defined by a simple word like 'freelancer'.Whilst it is true that I was only on a salary for a few months, I fulfilled the line editor role for most of the time I was involved, and was an integral part of QLI (albeit on a freelance basis) until some hard-to-pinpoint moment during Hunter Gordon's year-long absence during 2005-6. At that point, financial pressures became critical and not having heard from Hunter/QLI for many months I had to make the difficult decision to move on.

I wrote, edited, commissioned, co-authored, rewrote or otherwise was an essential part of every QLI product except Revelation Station - including some that I was not credited in. Although it is reasonable to state that Hunter Gordon WAS QLI, in his own words he could not have done it without me. Hunter handled mechanics of getting books laid out and printed, I did the creative and editorial side.

It was a setup that worked well. How well is pretty obvious from what happened. QLI with me involved produced products, a few of which were written by freelancers with me as line editor. QLI post-2005 ie without me produced one product and the rehash of the T20 books that became SF20. I contributed to that line only as a freelancer.

Note that I had absolutely no control over business decisions or order fufilment. What I did for QLI was to create material and oversee the product line. I also edited items written by others to make them comprehensible. So, if you want to say that QLI 'was' Hunter Gordon, that's fair enough. But QLI's product line... that was me.

There is a persistent myth that Hunter Gordon wrote books like Gateway to Destiny. He did contribute a section (which I edited) but I wrote the vast majority of that book just like I wrote just about all of the QLI product line. After I left QLI I seemed to become a non-person in some quarters, and credit for my work was passed to others.

There are various versions of why I left QLI circulating as well. The truth is actually very simple.

In the summer of 2005, Hunter went quiet for a period of about six weeks, then resurfaced for a while. Around October 2005 he went quiet again and nobody heard from him for a year or so. Marc and I tried to contact him without success.

During that time I continued to work on products commissioned by QLI and generally held the fort for Hunter. I tried to present a business-as-usual front since I sincerely believed Hunter would resurface any day.

During that time I was working on QLI products that I would not get paid for until publication, and I was owed payment for work done during 2005. My other income stream was Avenger products sold through the QLI online store - again, I could not expect to get the revenue earned on these until Hunter resurfaced.

This went on until about March or so in 2006, at which point I ran out of reserves and had to abandon my involvement with QLI. I left it so late that I ended up working three jobs to avoid going under - which is one reason why I find being painted as the traitor who jumped ship from QLI a little distasetful. Had I been a bit less stupidly loyal I would have got out in much better shape.

So. I left QLI in 2006 because I had to. I'd had no income for about a year, and all my work over that time was tied up in QLI products that I could not easily publish elsewhere. The subsequent dispute originated from my efforts to get paid for the work I'd done for QLI in 2005-6, the Avenger sales through QLI's store, and a couple of pieces whose publication I agreed post 2006 because I could not sell them elsewhere.

I never did get paid for any of that year or so worth of work, and I never will. Can't do anything about that, but at least I can make sure I get the credit for my work. So can I ask, please, that folks on COTI try to remember that I was a vital part of QLI's success and far from being the cause of it's downfall I was fighting to save it whilst Hunter himself was missing.

Morning PDT MJD,

As usual I'm a bit late, but, thank you for your efforts with T20 and another thank you for the information about what happened behind the scenes at QLI.

We had some good ideas that never came to fruition, such as the 4-part Grand Adventures storyline dealing with Deadspace and the politics of the region, the Solomani Rim War and some other stuff.

One of the revelations was the Wanderers were a major race (Hunter's idea, agreed by Marc, developed by me) and their development of a better jump drive than the Vilani had led to them being scrubbed out of the region's history. Never got to tell that story, which is a shame.

Back