• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T20 Starship Design Spreadsheet v1.8

Falkayn

SOC-13
The T20 Starship Design Spreadsheet v1.8 is now available from my T20 Downloads page.

Amongst the changes are sample Far and Free Traders as per standard designs errata (with a small errata ;) ) and some new trading stats to help you work out how good your trader designs are.

Hey Angus:

Exciting news, but I think there's a typo on your T20 downloads page.

It says, and points at, v1.7

Thanks,
Dan

Ooo! New version downloaded, thanks.

I'm falling asleep, so take this with a grain of salt.

I'm looking at the trading stats block. Doesn't there need to be lines for High and Medium Passengers who elect for double occupency? The rate/passenger is different.

You know, I was wondering about double-occupancy when I did these. Let me bone up on how T20 handles them and get back to you, you could get around the issue by working out what proportion of 1 High Passage a dual occupancy passage was and use that instead of 1 (e.g. if it's 75% of the cost, and you normally have 4 High Passage staterooms, then enter 8 * 0.75 = 6 High Passages in per trip).

Two problem I found:

[*]Printing to HTML or RTF only prints the statistics and performance blocks. I'm running Excel 2002 on Win XP Pro.

[*]The USP for sandcastors in mixed turrets is wrong. I found this formula works.

IF(C68=0,0,1+IF(C68=5,IF(B68>=8,IF(B68>=10,2,1),0),IF(B68>=13,1,0)))

Originally posted by George Boyett:
Two problem I found:

[*]Printing to HTML or RTF only prints the statistics and performance blocks. I'm running Excel 2002 on Win XP Pro.

[*]The USP for sandcastors in mixed turrets is wrong. I found this formula works.

IF(C68=0,0,1+IF(C68=5,IF(B68>=8,IF(B68>=10,2,1),0),IF(B68>=13,1,0)))
George,

Thanks for the feedback. THe mixed turrets are new, so I'm unsurprised there is a bug there.

I've tested on Excel 2000 on Win2K Pro SP2, it could well be that Excel 2002 has some differences in the VBA script and it is falling over somewhere. Unfortunately without access to Excel 2002 I can't really test this and find out what a workaround could be. I will however check the code and do a lookup online to see if something springs to mind.

Originally posted by Falkayn:
I've tested on Excel 2000 on Win2K Pro SP2, it could well be that Excel 2002 has some differences in the VBA script and it is falling over somewhere. Unfortunately without access to Excel 2002 I can't really test this and find out what a workaround could be. I will however check the code and do a lookup online to see if something springs to mind.
I found the output problem. First I set X to 166, the line with the Description Header. The rest was readjusting the offsets for the different parts. It seems to be working now.

Also is there a way to get a copy of the css file that is referenced in the HTML?

Originally posted by George Boyett:
I found the output problem. First I set X to 166, the line with the Description Header. The rest was readjusting the offsets for the different parts. It seems to be working now.

Also is there a way to get a copy of the css file that is referenced in the HTML?
OK, it could be a problem with the latest changes. Ths css file is the same as that on my website (see below).

Falkayn,
Excellent work. I have been having fun converting the old FASA Adventure Class ships to T20 using it.
Did I miss it? Is there no way to desiginate batteries? (Would be useful in a future version IMHO, though I am not sure how easy it would be to do.)

Originally posted by Bhoins:
Falkayn,
Excellent work. I have been having fun converting the old FASA Adventure Class ships to T20 using it.
Did I miss it? Is there no way to desiginate batteries? (Would be useful in a future version IMHO, though I am not sure how easy it would be to do.)
Thanks Bhoins ... I pretty much took one look at doing batteries, and then decided that it was easy enough for people to do themselves.
file_23.gif

However, I am thinking I might need to re-visit that in the future. At present I am preparing to run a merchant trader campaign (not mercs :( )and am focussing on the economic side of things for now.

IT is understandable. One other note, and I think it is a flaw on how the rules are worded so when designing ships you don't think about it. How do you put Marines or dedicated security people on ships under 1000 tons and how do you put Stewards and such on ships over 1000 tons. (I ran into a problem converting the old FASA King Richard, and the FASA Type-T.) A way to designitate how many passengers the ship was designed to carry might be nice as well. (From a Merchants point of view.)

(I know you just subtract the crew and there you are, but it would be nice.)

Also perhaps a way to designate some of your staterooms as double occupancy? I know I can do the math, but if you had two lines, one for single and one for double. It might also be nice if it designated how many staterooms you would require. (Not important in smaller ships but very helpful in bigger ships.)

One minor glitch. I made up a ship based on the Sub-Liner on there. The ship had Jump-3 and Maneuver-1, no energy weapons and a Model-2BIS computer (No energy required). With the Powerplant producing 18 EP (600 ton ship) it had no agility.
Yet it shold have an agility of 1 or 2 depending on how you read the rules on agility. (Back in LBB5 your agility couldn't exceed your maneuver Drive.)

Originally posted by Falkayn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bhoins:
Falkayn,
Thanks Bhoins ... I pretty much took one look at doing batteries, and then decided that it was easy enough for people to do themselves.
file_23.gif

However, I am thinking I might need to re-visit that in the future. At present I am preparing to run a merchant trader campaign (not mercs :( )and am focussing on the economic side of things for now.
</font>[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Bhoins:

One minor glitch. I made up a ship based on the Sub-Liner on there. The ship had Jump-3 and Maneuver-1, no energy weapons and a Model-2BIS computer (No energy required). With the Powerplant producing 18 EP (600 ton ship) it had no agility.
Yet it shold have an agility of 1 or 2 depending on how you read the rules on agility. (Back in LBB5 your agility couldn't exceed your maneuver Drive.)

Regarding the Agility being limited by your M-Drive rating, that is still the case in T20 (pg. 266 THB, end of the "Ship's Agility" paragraph).

That was actually one of the problems I found with v1.8 of the spreadsheet. The box which calculates agility is no longer limiting the agility to the manuever rating.

Back