• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5.10 VehicleMaker question.

Magnus von Thornwood

Super Moderator
Baron
So, I'm hate to say I am running into a few problems with the VehicleMaker currently.

I'm not finding out just how many Troops can a Vehicle carry when it is given the Troop mission?

There's a Passenger option that is Load -3 and gives the vehicle the ability to transport 20 passengers but that seems to be for civilian vehicles as it says "Passengers" and not "Troops". Anyone know?

Working on my DDR ARES Troop G-Carrier. See below for the current work...

***​

ARES G-Carrier.

Need Speed-6 (100kph) minimum.

Type: Carrier; TL: -, Tons: 4, Spd: -, Load: 2, Armor: 40 Ca 10 Fp 10 Rad 10 So 20 Psi - Insl 20 Seal 20, Note: C Install 1 turret mount weapon, KCr: 300.
Mission: Troop; Tons: +1.
Motive: Grav; TL: 10, Tons: -1, Spd: 5, KCr: x3.

Bulk: -.
Stage: Improved; TL: +1, Tons: -1, Armor +10 So +10, KCr: 20.
Environment; Insulated; Armor +8 Ca 4 Fp 6 So 12 Insl 30 Seal 20, KCr: 10.

Options: High Powered; TL: +1, Tons: +1, Spd: +1, Load: -1, KCr: 100.
Options: Redundancy; TL: +1, Tons: +1, KCr: 60.

ARES Improved Insulated Grav Troop Carrier; TL: 13, Tons: 5, Spd: 6 (100kph), Load: 1, Armor: 58 Ca 14 Fp 16 Rad 10 So 42 Psi - Insl 50 Seal 40, Endurance: Hours, Range: Regional, Options: High Powered, Redundancy, Comm: Battlefield/Command w/ Relay, Controls: Powered, Wafer w/ AutoPilot, Crew: 2, KCr: 1090.

I'm not finding out just how many Troops can a Vehicle carry when it is given the Troop mission?

ARES Improved Insulated Grav Troop Carrier; TL: 13, Tons: 5, Spd: 6 (100kph), Load: 1, Armor: 58 Ca 14 Fp 16 Rad 10 So 42 Psi - Insl 50 Seal 40, Endurance: Hours, Range: Regional, Options: High Powered, Redundancy, Comm: Battlefield/Command w/ Relay, Controls: Powered, Wafer w/ AutoPilot, Crew: 2, KCr: 1090.

Trying several options using my VehicleMaker app, this is what it says:

GTC-13 Vx: 5 tons Speed:6 Improved Insulated Hours Q:+2
Grav Troop Carrier-13
Ax: Ar=58 Ca=14 Fl=16 Ra=10 So=42 In=50 Se=40
Cost: KCr1020
Beastpower: 1080
Range: Regional
Crew/Passengers 0 (Argggh! Apparently there's no Load left with this design)
AutoPilot Wafer
Battlefield Command Relay Option
Redundancy Fast (Instead of High Powered, which my app doesn't know about)

I got other results by changing parameters, but I'd have to look at my old code to see how I calculate Passenger capacity. I did see 10 with one of the designs which had a Load of 1.

Funny thing...I did that.

Trying several options using my VehicleMaker app, this is what it says:

GTC-13 Vx: 5 tons Speed:6 Improved Insulated Hours Q:+2
Grav Troop Carrier-13
Ax: Ar=58 Ca=14 Fl=16 Ra=10 So=42 In=50 Se=40
Cost: KCr1020
Beastpower: 1080
Range: Regional
Crew/Passengers 0 (Argggh! Apparently there's no Load left with this design)
AutoPilot Wafer
Battlefield Command Relay Option
Redundancy Fast (Instead of High Powered, which my app doesn't know about)

I got other results by changing parameters, but I'd have to look at my old code to see how I calculate Passenger capacity. I did see 10 with one of the designs which had a Load of 1.
Actually I do use your very nice Apps thank you. :) But it also didn't seem to help or I'm not looking at the right block of info.

The thing that gets me is that Troop adds 1 Ton but doesn't add any Load nor define how many Troops that extra Ton lets you stuff into the Vehicle.

I'm having a hella difficult time trying to figure out how many G-Carriers I need for each Battalion of 2 Companies each. And that doesn't include the various auxiliary vehicles such ambulances (though I might just keep those to the space ambulances), armor recovery, arty sleds, and generally logistical support.

Still, many thanks for the response.

EDIT: Whoops, found it, I didn't look far enough down. Thanks a bunch! I now have a MGTC-F done up and that shows Crew/Passengers as 20 which is awesome because I can fake it and stuff all 20 troopers into that and the officer and NCO into a PUMA combat car and boom, rides for all. Thanks again. Man, I derped that one.

2nd EDIT:So, using your very fine VehicleMaker App I got this...

MGTC-15
Medium Grav Troop Carrier-15

Vx: 4 tons Speed=6 Advanced Protected Hours Q=+0

Ax: Ar=70 Ca=20 Fl=20 Ra=20 So=52 In=30 Se=40

Details:
Category - Military
Cost - KCr1,020
Beastpower - 1,372
Range - Regional
Crew/Passengers - 20

Controls:
AutoPilot, Wafer

Communications:
Battlefield, Relay Option

Weapons:
Empty

Other:
Redundancy, 1 Passenger Module

Last edited:
I'm having a hella difficult time trying to figure out how many G-Carriers I need for each Battalion of 2 Companies each. And that doesn't include the various auxiliary vehicles such ambulances (though I might just keep those to the space ambulances), armor recovery, arty sleds, and generally logistical support.

Sounds like you need my Military Units app also. :)

And now I have it along with all your other T5 Apps. Thanks, didn't know you had so many done. Only recently got an iPad that can handle them so this is a nice surprise. Thanks!

Yeah, some of them are iPad only as I couldn't figure out how to elegantly compress the user interface into a phone. A lot of those that support both phone and iPad have more features and are easier to use on the iPad.

My earliest apps (32 bit, so now retired) were for the Mac but I could see that development for desktop was slowing down over the years and transferred over to iOS. It's generally easier since there's no menus, etc.

BTW, if you have an M1 Mac, and you've downloaded my iOS apps on a phone or iPad, you can go into the App Store on the Mac and download them and run them on the Mac.

Back