• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 LBBs - New concept

Originally posted by cjmcneil:
Beautiful rendering and concept Ted

As a GraphicDesign Student, I wanted to "BEG" you to please become the Creative Director for T5. Or at the very least the Art Director. I would love to see the "HARN" bimder version as well. And your page layout is Crisp,Clear,and Concise.

I love it.

P.S. took a peek at your website. I really like your 3d ships. I remember seeing your earlier ships a few years back, not knowing it was you. Your 3d work has improved allot. I'm studing ComputerAnimation myself. And I'm inspired to try some traveller ships because of your art.

Also yer lil wee one is cute too =)

-Chris McNeil
Thanks for the compliments, Chris.

I'd love to be involved with T5 as well, if and when it starts to come together. It appears that the binder concept may have too many issues to every become a reality, but I'd like to see Traveller stand apart in some way instead of becoming yet another hardcover D20 supplement (not to denegrate the wonderful work done on T20).

I'm glad you think I've improved my 3d skills over the past few years. I'll be posting more designs in the near future since I'm working on several ships for the Traveller Miniatures project that I'm involved with. I'd love to see some of your work if you have anything posted. The Traveller community can always use more good artists.

My son appreciates the kind words as well. I'm sure he'd be blushing if he was old enough. ;)

- Ted

Don't forget the dice. Make dice with the design molded into them insted of just printed on. Nothing's worse than cheap dice.

Ted, just wanted to say that your artwork is superb. :cool: I think the idea of the Little Black Binders is a great one, but the cost to do it is probably too much. :( Even if the printing costs alone were not too expensive, with store owners not wanting to carry it because it is hard to stock on their shelves (like Hunter said) it would make it unprofitable to make as well. :( I liked everyones arguments and development ideas for the project though and I just wish had an answer to make it work. I would buy the T5 book in the binder format if it were ever made.
Best wishes all, Grimjack
--------------------------------------------------
"There is no such thing as too much firepower"

You know, having just picked up a copy of the Traveller Book in hardback (sans dust jacket alas), I really think that the best format for a T5 would be a hardback book.

Hardbacks are unquestionably the standard for RPG's at present, so it's what customers expect, and teh what teh distribution channel is set up to handle. Provided the binding is good, a hardback can be both utiltarian and aesthetically satisfying to use. And with livery pretty much as Ted has shown on the binder cover (Text and line graphics evocative of the LBB's, modern photo-realistic 3d Art) it would be sufficiently eye catching to stand out from the vast majority of RPG books.

Two bargains I spotted recently because of their "livery"? The Traveller Book (that Black and Red is so iconic) and DP9's Gierkrieg in Hardback which has a very Traveller-esque style cover...

Back