• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 status

What is the current status of this game? Playable? Still much to be errata'd? Just needs a new TOC and index before it's done? I've found it hard to get a current snapshot of where it's at. Is MM still committed to its completion, or does he consider it something that the fans can complete or to be pretty much done (I see that he seems to be devoting more of his energies to fiction/the card game, etc).

Status is unchanged.

We are still waiting on the final errata to be incorporated in the PDF.
Fans say the errata is done but need Miller to put it in the book.

Given the fact that he appears to have vanished from anything Traveller related I think it's safe to say that the book will never see the final corrections and that the entire project has been written off by him.

Going forward I suggest treating him in a similar vein as Ken Whitman.

I think, if you like T5 and are willing to put in the work to needed to use that game, then just do your own thing.

Fix what you think needs fixing. Use T5 as a starting point, and create your own version of the game.

Play. Repeat. Play. Fix. House rule as you go.

If something comes out, take a look at it and use it if you want. But, otherwise, stop waiting and just play the game.

I'll believe it if and when anything ever materializes, but considering the years of complete darkness from him I doubt anyone involved's honesty.

There are parts of T5.09 that replace (supersede) parts of MgT1 and MgT2 for my Traveller games. T5.09 does what I need just fine.

I'll believe it if and when anything ever materializes, but considering the years of complete darkness from him I doubt anyone involved's honesty.

Robject had a group working on it in the Moot, with the initial draft being finished about a month ago. I suspect that something will be coming out before the end of the year.

Status is unchanged.

Given the fact that he appears to have vanished from anything Traveller related I think it's safe to say that the book will never see the final corrections and that the entire project has been written off by him.

Wow! Even if Marc never writes another word for Traveller and considered 5.09 the final version, I don't think I would ever equate him with Ken Whitman. That is harsh. Marc has earned the right to walk away if he wishes and has ripped of nobody. Ken Whitman has become the quintessential villain of the rpg community and deserves that distinction much more than Marc Miller has. I would never treat Marc in the same vein as Ken Whitman, I owe him too much.

William

Marc could try harder to communicate. On the other hand, if there's nothing to report there's nothing to report. I know a member of the committee and he says it's coming along slowly. T5 is a massive project. Too big for one man really, but the owner is one man and intends to keep it to his vision. He's probably had his fill of fans bitching and doesn't care too much about that part of it.

Given the huge nature of the task, and the fact that Marc had open heart surgery a few months back, I think comparing him to Ken is more than a little harsh.

I don't think anyone would refuse the occasional update, though.

Status is unchanged.

Uh Robert says Marc is done with errata and is looking for 5.1 print options.. see the traveller Facebook page for more details.

>> Robert says Marc is done with errata and is looking for 5.1 print options.. see the traveller Facebook page for more details.

Thanks for posting this. Not all of us are on Facebook (well, I'm not, at least), and this is good to know. If there is any more info on FB, please post it here.

Thanks!

>>Thanks for posting this. Not all of us are on Facebook (well, I'm not, at least), and this is good to know. If there is any more info on FB, please post it here.

Me neither. I set up an account several years ago and added my spouse as a friend. Then I watched as all kinds of unsolicited information about people I didn't know rolled in.

My inner security troll screamed "NOPE!" I haven't been back.

Cheers,

Baron Ovka

Ok. 2 things....
1 Marc comments quite often on Facebook.
2 Robject is the administration for the traveller RPG Facebook group.

So without further addo. Here is part 1

Posted June 2 2018

"Traveller5 Status
_
As you all know, T5 is a project that is near and dear to Marc's heart. Many of you know that Marc is a bit of a gearhead when it comes to character creation, guns, armor, and vehicles, and a process guy when it comes to most everything else. Even though he didn't write MegaTraveller, I think that it must have rung some of his bells, even while bothering him in other ways. Anyway, both vibes shows through in T5.
_
So this January he resolved to do the errata pile. And of course I humored him. Yes, of course you are. But he has surprised me by making it a priority, and he is making good headway. He didn't tell me how far along he is, but from his optimistic projections WHICH I SHALL NOT PASS ALONG ("no dates!" Don always said), it looks like he's halfway through. You can do the math.
_
Then he'll figure out how to do the reprint.
_
Then he'll put the Player's Handbook together. It would be nice if he borrowed from Rob's Cut -- if that helps him get it done faster, that is. That was my goal in the first place: any obstacles that I remove can't hurt and could help.
_
Rob "Chief Traveller Sycophant" Eaglestone"

Part 2
Posted June 25 2018 (fresh enough for you all?)

"Updated update. Marc has finished the errata pile. Now he's working out how best to get T5.10 to print."

Ok. 2 things....
1 Marc comments quite often on Facebook.
2 Robject is the administration for the traveller RPG Facebook group.

Thanks for passing this along. I also do not do Facebook.

I don't suppose there would be any way to have a thread or something in the Citizens' Information Center that has the Facebook commentary from Marc, is there? (or would that be a major logistical hassle)?

Thanks for passing this along. I also do not do Facebook.

I don't suppose there would be any way to have a thread or something in the Citizens' Information Center that has the Facebook commentary from Marc, is there? (or would that be a major logistical hassle)?

As another person who does not Facebook, I strongly second this suggestion.

SO not a user of that-Face-thing. Thanks for this update. We eagerly await both T5.10 and the Players Handbook. Thanks to all who have worked on this and to those called up on as extra eyes.

Back