• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

[T5Stuff] Merchant Captain Sir Alexander Lascelles Jamison draft

I found this in going through the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, Volume 1. A real Alexander Jamieson, does have an "e" however. Still, very interesting. He is being cited for service at Fort Pickens at Pensacola, Florida just prior to the firing on Fort Sumter.

I would recommend especially to the favorable notice of the General-in-Chief, First Sergeant Alexander Jamieson, Sergeant Boyd, Corporals Caldwell and O'Donnell, of Company G, First Artillery, for especial coolness and activity in their several stations.

The citation is in the report of 1st. Lt. Adam J. Slemmer, who was the Union officer commanding Fort Pickens. He was successful in holding the fort for the Union, with some assistance from the Navy. I would not view Capt. Adams, the eventual US Navy commander on the scene prior to the outbreak of hostilities in a favorable light at all.

Now that T5.09 is out, perhaps the walk through needs to be updated for the newer version of the rules?

Just a thought.

Now that T5.09 is out, perhaps the walk through needs to be updated for the newer version of the rules?

Just a thought.

No doubt it needs a little freshening up, although in general it's probably still close enough to be a useful example.

Per the 5.09 rules, Jamison should also have

Language (Anglic)-12 (higher of INT/EDU when character is first rolled)
Career (Solder)-3 (# terms as a soldier)
Career (Merchant)-5 (# terms as a merchant)

Cheers,

Baron Ovka

Back