• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Civilian's Guide to Traveller Military

It's an alternative to sticky-ing this.
And besides, I usually bump it when I update the main list.

Originally posted by bryan gibson:
is there some reason you are bumping this weekly? if hunter was going to make it a sticky, I'm sure he would have.
Hunter hasn't been around for over a month now, I doubt if he's seen this thread.

In the mean time, bump away
file_22.gif

Miniphant Ai’xiao xiang-ci* saunters by wearing an Imperial beret and bumps the thread.

miniphant2.jpg

BUMP!

* "Low and Small Elephant that is Cute"

If nothing else it keeps the thread in the current topics list.
And the miniphants got kicked out of the moot over a month ago, so they're getting a tad restless...
file_23.gif
:eek:

Originally posted by kafka47:
Super job! Now if we get all this together in a dead tree format with fantastic graphics...
Something like that has been talked about, and is still a definite possibility. I've talked to Marc Miller and David Deitrick about doing something like an Osprey Men-At-Arms book for Traveller uniforms, and they're both totally on-board.

It's still more of an idea than something fully fleshed-out at this point. I guess the question is, what woulod people like to see?

Probably it would just be uniforms at first, for practicality. Then, if it did well, more could follow.

Originally posted by Random Goblin:
I guess the question is, what woulod people like to see?
The basic stuff, I suppose, for us civvies to use: a short glosarry of acronyms, unit organization ideas, general military stuff. Just a guide to allow us to run the military forces in our TUs better.

Well, when I pitched the idea to David deitrick (my father), and Marc Miller originally, it was something along the lines of "hey, here's something you guys should do."

But somewhere it turned into "Okay Conrad (me); you write it, Marc will edit and approve, and David will illustrate!"

And I've been a smidge overwhelmed. I had some life-stuff get in the way (orders to deploy to Afghanistan, a move to NYC), and now they're starting to bring it up again, and I sort of don't know where to start.

Originally posted by Jadawin:
Well, just a thought, but it would be easier to read all at once rather than clicking around.
Is six plus months later too late? I don't think so.

You can view the whole of any topic, all at once, already. Just scroll down to the bottom of any topic's page, and click on "Printer-friendly view of this topic".

Back