• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Final Cover is IN!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
Just got the final cover art and let me say that I am damn well floored. I had a bit of concern spending the money on a David Mattingly cover, but no more! The money was WELL worth it.

Here it is:

Traveller T20 Final Cover

Hunter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aside from the 4-fingered (plus thumb) aslan, I like it.

Although I think the Vargr should be in a matching aloha shirt...

------------------
-aramis
=============================================
Smith & Wesson: The Original Point and Click interface!

Just got the final cover art and let me say that I am damn well floored. I had a bit of concern spending the money on a David Mattingly cover, but no more! The money was WELL worth it.

Hunter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And verily as thou say, tis a work of art!

Well done!!

------------------
SOLSEC makes Echelon look like a joke!

Hehe, no just not understood! My translator must be on the blink.

Any nitpicking here so far pales in comparison to the disection the cover is receiving on the TML ;)

Hunter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, anything more than plain black with a red stripe is way too radical for most on the list. Either that or they get miffed if the cover doesn't include their favorite bit of canon-correct hardware or species. I've met some Southern Baptists that were more liberal-minded.

Simon Jester

------------------
Good. Fast. Cheap.
Pick two.

Hey great cover! My tastes run more towards exotic suns and two or three moons, but he's got a good Traveller feel going there. That would make a good cover for a Snapshot reprint, too. Nifty landing platform, and is that a Vargr Corsair in the middleground? With possibly a Vargr Courier/Merchant? But, do my eyes decieve me, or are those laser pistols without powerpacks and cables? : ^ ) Excellent artwork!

later,

Scout

Wow. Color me extremely impressed. I suppose I can appreciate people nitpicking canon-details, but please let's not lose sight of the fact that this is a damn fine piece of work, miles ahead of most gaming artwork, Traveller or otherwise. This picture on the cover of a 300pp hardback is going to look phenomenal on store-shelves and will pretty much guarantee enough extra sales to more than offset the added expense.

Only problem is the letdown everyone's going to feel when you start publishing supplements that DON'T have Mattingly covers...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Henry:
Completely off-topic, but it seems like the worlds of my different hobbies are starting to collide via David Mattingly. His work also graces the cover of this solo album by Dream Theater/Dixie Dregs keyboardist Jordan Rudess:
http://www.magnacarta.net/albums_profile.asp?Category_ID=1&pg=1&Album_ID=62
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah the body of work David has done is almost mind-boggling. A whole range of different stuff, though this was his first game cover! There is even a set of Collectable Trading Cards of his stuff.

Hunter

Here it is:

Traveller T20 Final Cover

Hunter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather drab for a Vargr uniform.

As to the laser weapons with no power cables, I am also looking forward to seeing the rules for the laser targeting device in the fiction article on your site and specs on the Marine Support Sled.

Hunter, I'll echo the general comments. I like the cover, and I think it will set the product apart.

As an aside, does the aloha-shirt fellow bear resemblance to any real-life person? The face doesn't look "fictional" at all. Do you know if someone specific posed as a model?

AA

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Antares Administration:
Hunter, I'll echo the general comments. I like the cover, and I think it will set the product apart.

As an aside, does the aloha-shirt fellow bear resemblance to any real-life person? The face doesn't look "fictional" at all. Do you know if someone specific posed as a model?

AA
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The artist brings in models or in this case I believe used his own face as a reference.

Hunter

The artist brings in models or in this case I believe used his own face as a reference.

Hunter
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I thought perhaps it might have been Hunter of the IISS that I was looking at!

AA

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Antares Administration:
OK, I thought perhaps it might have been Hunter of the IISS that I was looking at!

AA
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, it has to be a Scout causing all that trouble. He probably said "Screw the dress code."

Yes the cover is great and will most likely help sell the product.

Except his hat has a Yellow starburst on it. The Navy uses the Yellow Starburst, the Scouts one is Red.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BenBell:
Except his hat has a Yellow starburst on it. The Navy uses the Yellow Starburst, the Scouts one is Red.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So he did a few terms in the Navy. But he finished as a Scout!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow Bear:
So he did a few terms in the Navy. But he finished as a Scout!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More likely is that he served as a scout was recalled from detached duty and seconded to the navy for some mission or other. Or he was in a rush that morning and grabbed his stateroom mate's hat by mistake. Or he took a guided tour of a Kinnunir class cruiser floating museum and got the hat at the gift shop. Or....

I think you get the point.

------------------
I am increasingly of the opinion that RPGs are by the nature of their creation subjective phenomenon. due to the interaction between game designers, game masters, and game players all definitions, rules, settings, and adventures are mutable in acordance with the uncertainty principle as expounded by Heisenburg. This is of course merely my point of view.

David Shayne

Seeing how the new image looks against the black backdrop of the websites index page, can i suggest that the picture be framed within a black border on the book cover?

As the two really set each other off really well

------------------
Neo

"Et semel emissum volat irrevocabile verbum".

Make the picture small, like the size of the picture on the cover of the Player's Handbook.

The border should be black with embossed map of the galaxy, which would look nifty when the light reflects on them.

Of course at the top of the cover in bold red letters: the title TRAVELLER

(Put the d20 System logo on the bottom of the page, centered, using the minimum size limit as defined by the Usage Guide.)

------------------
Anyhoo... just some random thoughts

The only problems I see is that the loading ramp is not wheel chair accessible and that there are no handrails or multilanguage signs indicating that there is a falling hazard and that leaping from the walkway isillegal and punishable by law (of gravity in this case). This structure was obviously not approved by a government agency.

T.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bishop:
The only problems I see is that the loading ramp is not wheel chair accessible and that there are no handrails or multilanguage signs indicating that there is a falling hazard and that leaping from the walkway isillegal and punishable by law (of gravity in this case). This structure was obviously not approved by a government agency.

T.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is obviously a world where the conservatives are in control. They don’t think it’s the governments job to regulate the world to death.

Space Hamster

Back