• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The most AMAZING CT character I've ever seen...

Hmm,
it's in the Vargr character generation in The Traveller Adventure too, that's also ©1983...

Scouts must have been in production before the rule change was introduced.

Hmm,
it's in the Vargr character generation in The Traveller Adventure too, that's also ©1983...

Scouts must have been in production before the rule change was introduced.

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
I also ignore the Int+Edu rule - for the simple reason that too many canon NPCs already break it.
A compromise is to use Int+Edu+terms served as the limit.
I remember introducing another limit based on Str+Dex. I then divided skills into three groups: physical, mental, and in-between (Things that wasn't obviously one or the other, like Mechanical, fell into the in-between group). Physical skills counted against the Str+Dex limit, Mental skills against the Int+Edu limit, and in-between skills could be counted against either as the player choose. It worked well and allowed people who were dumb and uneducated to be skilled fighters.

All that was before I changed over to my own home-grown system.

Hans

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
I also ignore the Int+Edu rule - for the simple reason that too many canon NPCs already break it.
A compromise is to use Int+Edu+terms served as the limit.
I remember introducing another limit based on Str+Dex. I then divided skills into three groups: physical, mental, and in-between (Things that wasn't obviously one or the other, like Mechanical, fell into the in-between group). Physical skills counted against the Str+Dex limit, Mental skills against the Int+Edu limit, and in-between skills could be counted against either as the player choose. It worked well and allowed people who were dumb and uneducated to be skilled fighters.

All that was before I changed over to my own home-grown system.

Hans

Originally posted by rancke:
Good stuff, Hans!

Thanks for posting that. I like it!

Originally posted by rancke:
Good stuff, Hans!

Thanks for posting that. I like it!

Back