• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE rulebook now available as DTRPG freebie

Well, they've now replaced the TNE freebie with Aberrant d20 because the bandwidth issues were too great.

In fact, the TNE corebook is now gone from the DTRPG site completely. :(

Didn't they give it away for free once before?
Did they have the same problems then, I wonder?

Thank you again for the early heads up Mal, I'd have missed out otherwise

And the silver lining is I get Aberrant d20 this week as well
file_22.gif

Originally posted by Malenfant:
Well, they've now replaced the TNE freebie with Aberrant d20 because the bandwidth issues were too great.

In fact, the TNE corebook is now gone from the DTRPG site completely. :(
Crap I missed it! :mad: I was going to grab that tonight as I only have the first printing not the mark 1 mod 1 printing :mad: And, as per, it's falling to bits!

As of 19:30 Hrs BST (British SUmmer Time) on 28 July 2005 the download was still available on the link published in the first post.

Just hope my download completes, only 3.5 hours to go!!

Sorry to hear that Badbru :(

Yep, bummer, just got the email from DTRPG:

Hi Folks,
We have changed the freebie to Aberrant d20. We had to do this due to
bandwidth issues caused by the size of Traveller: The New Era. We
apologize for any inconvenience.
Thanks,
DTRPG Customer Service
Hope they kept it up for your download in progress to complete Theo D Lite

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
Didn't they give it away for free once before?
They were going to, ran into problems (filesize IIRC) and gave away the TNE World Builders Handbook instead. I'd forgotten about that until tonight and thought they had given away TNE with DRM.

I already suggested it earlier but I think it bears repeating: since DTRPG normally sells TNE as 2 parts they could just give away Part 1 one week and Part 2 the next. <shrugs> 30-40mb is more manageable. I suggested this to DTRPG via their contact us link while composing this post. Here's hoping they work something out.

TW2K 1.0 was free for a bit this week as well. I think as a substitute freebie.
file_23.gif

(edit: checked TW2K)

Actually after stuffing around at Drivetrurpg for atleast half an hour I finally got it to display as a dowload option last night and tried to get it. Unfortunately I'm still on dial-up and at 50k connection it was comming through at 1.7 k and was going to take 22hours :mad: needless to say the download failed. Though it does still appear to be available.

It appears to be available, just not listed on the front page. Or, is it showing $0 because I have already downloaded it?

Originally posted by far-trader:
Hope they kept it up for your download in progress to complete Theo D Lite
Far Trader:

Far be it for me to gloat, but yes I was lucky enough to complete the download. Now I've just got to work out where and how long it'll take to print 386 pages. At least only the first two appear to be in colour.

Regards

Just tried tonight...

Logged in and successfully downloaded with no problems.

I was bummed because I thought I missed out on it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

So, DLO, how is the quality? They said they reduced it to shrink the file size. Are there any artifacts showing through from the opposite page? Any other issues?

The quality was fairly good thoughout. No pages poking through from bad lighting. It was bit on the Dark Side compared to the original but all in all a good product (only took 40mins using Medium Speed connection).

How long has your download been going on for now...? :(

I'm at an hour and twenty minutes and it says forty four minutes to go :eek:

It's actually taking longer than the TNE download.

Here's hoping that means there'll be a lot more people interested in T2300 now...

Back