• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Trained psionic character defecting to Zhodani?

Barrel

SOC-12
Just musing about something here. I don't know if anything official has been published about this, but in your opinion, in the OTU, if an Imperial (or Solomani) character, trained at a psionic institute, wanted to move to the Consulate, would he be accepted? If he enough psionic strength, would he have a chance of becoming an intendant? What about in YTU?

Thanks

Why would he not be accepted? They´re probe him psionically to make sure he´s genuine, not an Imperial spy, but if he passes that, why not?

would he be accepted? If he enough psionic strength, would he have a chance of becoming an intendant?

he would be taken into custody, yes, and probably established as an intendant in a region very distant from the imperium.

What about in YTU?

he would be retrained and returned as a mole.

They´re probe him psionically to make sure he´s genuine, not an Imperial spy

Why would he not be accepted? They´re probe him psionically to make sure he´s genuine, not an Imperial spy, but if he passes that, why not?
Even if he doesn't pass the first test, I'm sure that the Tavrchedl would make sure that he did on the second try.

Even if the psion were an Imperial spy, if the Zhodani knew that to be the case, there could be huge value in letting them in. Could potentially track them back to other Imperial intel assets.

Even if the psion were an Imperial spy, if the Zhodani knew that to be the case, there could be huge value in letting them in. Could potentially track them back to other Imperial intel assets.

stated as being part of the zhodani playbook in some of the SM canon. they normally seem somewhat lax, with the i3 agents operating with relative ease....then, every so often, they suddenly get scary competent and clear out almost every single one of them.

the I3 Is pretty sure its being played, but it tries anyway.

Back