• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller Trading Cards

The official Cr10 note:

cr10.jpg

I agree. Data sheets are actually useful.

Cards are most useful when they are marked up to match the characteristics of a piece of equipment the player has -- specific data for that instance only.

I was just in a mood when I put those cute little cards together.

Note that series 3 does have some of the starship data cards, albeit with that cheesy retro card border.

Thread Resurrect

It just ocurred to me that a deck of playing cards with decorations in CrImp variations could also double as ... playing cards.

So your suits would map to an Era in Imperial History, with the face cards being portraits of the Emperor, Empress, and Next in Line for that era...

Milieu Zero
Year 200
Barracks Emperors
Frontier Wars

2-10 as Cr10, Cr20, Cr50, Cr100, Cr1,000, Cr5,000, Cr10,000, Cr25,000
Ace as Cr100,000
JKQ as the three top SOC H crowd.

hmmmmm...

AAB, damit!

So you have all these groovy @ss cards, which of course I can't download, since they moved and so I just have these taunting post to look at.

Oh and of course you need the great and wonderful AAB ID card and AAB Library card. :p

Ohterwise, I have been digging the whole Idea and the last list seemed pretty good to me.

And laughing again the Dreaded Thread Necromancer strikes!

EDIT: Oh and if anyone cares I still have Supplement 12: Charts and Forms which has various well, charts and forms. :p But it also has like Megacorp IDs and I think IN and such.

Last edited:
Just seen this part of the thread

Nice passport! Borrowed...

Well, out of boredom, I built 3 sets of 'trading cards' from The Traveller Adventure, Knightfall, MT rulebooks, Survival Margin, and Jesse DeGraff's starship renders. I used one of my more worn trading cards as a template, to give them a more realistic feel.

http://home.comcast.net/~starcharts/ttc/Series-1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~starcharts/ttc/Series-2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~starcharts/ttc/Series-3.jpg

Enjoy!

Bicycle Cards have a program where you can have your own decks made with your own pictures. A bit costly but it might be worth it.
(this is refering to this post and the card post also.)

Dave Chase

Neato.

That'd be uber slick like awesome and stuff.

No seriously that would be excellent, but I am all hooked on handouts, charts and forms...*shrugs*

MegaTraveller had a series of Equipiment Data Sheets that were much like this. A good idea, well done, just a victim of the legacy of MT errata.

I've used them successfully in my campaigns. But what I do is:

I made up sheets for most pieces of equipment available in a DTP package and printed off 1 sheet per item. So if a PC had 2 revolvers I'd hand them 2 revolver sheets. Each PC had a folder. Sheets in the folder represented equipment owned, out of the folder and with the character sheet represented equipment carried. If that PC hands one of their revolvers to another PC they hand over the sheet. No arguments over who has what, what was left behind, how encumbered a character is, etc.

UPDATE: Huh? Just realised I've replied to a post made over 3 years ago. This is an old thread. :eek:o:

Last edited:
Cool.

Nice idea, I will of course, swipe it now. Thanks.

Too bad the links in this Thread don't work!

Rob totally teased me, nary a glance, did I get...

I've used them successfully in my campaigns. But what I do is:

I made up sheets for most pieces of equipment available in a DTP package and printed off 1 sheet per item. So if a PC had 2 revolvers I'd hand them 2 revolver sheets. Each PC had a folder. Sheets in the folder represented equipment owned, out of the folder and with the character sheet represented equipment carried. If that PC hands one of their revolvers to another PC they hand over the sheet. No arguments over who has what, what was left behind, how encumbered a character is, etc.

UPDATE: Huh? Just realised I've replied to a post made over 3 years ago. This is an old thread. :eek:o:

Had a GM like that once. He was great to play under (mainly fantasy games though).
You had to turn in your character sheet and items list at the end of every game. First time you forgot to, that character would have a serious injury, like stroke, horse ran you over extra. The second time your character died, period. Third time you were not allowed to play in that game any more.

But you might want to keep a list character and the of the items that you had on your character and compare them each time when you got your sheet back. Some times that little unknown magic item might have changed (or changeds something in your pack) that rock you picked up might be cracking and sometimes items might be missing.
Now if you missed a session the GM would play your character (if required, say in the middle of a dungeon with no way to sit it out) and then it was extremely important to check your character. Any thing that was known to your character was written down by the GM and of course if you noticed something different that was not written down then your character did not notice it and you might want to check with the local thief

Dave Chase

I keep the char sheets as well for my games. A few days before each game session, I would add in the points earned last session, along with any notes the player had sent me for the log, and send out a PDF of the character sheet; the player could look it over, spend points on stuff, let me know if there were any corrections, etc.

Game day, I will print a fresh character sheet for each player.

With regard to character sheets another technique I use is this: Whenever the player is about to make a roll which will result in their character's death if they fail, I ask the player to hand over their character sheet. :devil:
  • If they make the roll they get it back. :)

• If they fail the roll I rip the character sheet in half right before their eyes! :eek:
Now that they know I do this merely asking them for their character sheets is enough to make them stop and reconsider their actions. Character death has become more 'real' and this affects their behaviour. It helps keep them focused. :cool:

Back