• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TravellerCon expansion

spYke

SOC-12
I was wondering if Mongoose was interested in utilizing and expanding TravellerCon.
This convention is limited in size by two major factors. The first is the location, and the second is costs. Lancaster Pennsylvania is incredibly difficult as a destination except by car. There is no major airport nearby. There is also a very limited number of hotel rooms, and there are no hotels adjacent to the site.
It would be fantastic. If Mongoose could take a more active role in supporting the convention. Moving it to a better facility, expanding hotel options, and expanding programming to encompass the width and breath of the Traveller and Cepheus community.
As a point of comparison: I could fly to PHL for $250 round trip or less. Flying to Lancaster is $500. The hotel charges $367 a night outside the room block. This is outrageous. I would have to spend $1600 without food, beverages, or a single purchase in the dealers room. I didn’t pay that to attend GenCon.

It is an issue, but more so for us - we have an ocean between us and the con :)

Something for us to look at in the future, I think.

Back