• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Travellermap, Traveller Wiki, & Traveller Worlds on YouTube

robject

SOC-14 10K
Admin Award
Marquis
"PaperDiceGames" has made a very good video overview of Travellermap. I encourage everyone to surf over there, watch it, and "like" it, to support him doing more Traveller videos like this one.

It's more or less a promotional piece, explaining the power in the triumvirate of tools (Travellermap -> Traveller Wiki -> Traveller Worlds) and why people should consider using them for "sci fi gaming".

It is a bit eye-opening to me, to hear him say it's useful for science fiction gaming in general. I don't tend to think that way. But with these three tools and they way they are used... well I can see some general appeal.

Last edited:
The funny bit is that while he's going on about all the different types of areas (frontier, core, and so on), each area is functionally identical since they're all procedurally generated by the same methods. (Well, give or take density and manual realignment with T5...)

each area is functionally identical since they're all procedurally generated by the same methods.
Just because the PROCESS is the same doesn't mean the RESULTS will be the same.
There's a reason why you don't have every single sector in Charted Space looking like a duplicate copy/paste of the Spinward Marches.

Same procedural process ... different results.

Just because the PROCESS is the same doesn't mean the RESULTS will be the same.
There's a reason why you don't have every single sector in Charted Space looking like a duplicate copy/paste of the Spinward Marches.

Same procedural process ... different results.
Not quite. For example, you'd expect worlds in the Imperial Core to be higher TL on average than those out on the frontier. They're not.

Back