• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What did you steal from MT for your CT games?

infojunky

SOC-14 1K
Peer of the Realm
I have been pondering MT a lot recently, the more I play with it the clearer it becomes MT was just another CT rules set. In that all the inner bits are built whole cloth from CT.

Couple that with the plastic nature of CT I find I can rip parts of MT in clear CT terms without much effort.

Please note this is a mechanics and not a fluff question.

In chargen, using Homeworld codes to determine starting skills is good (it has has also been used in Mongoose). But also, for me, for limiting which Careers a character can enter. (I think this qualifies as mechanics, not fluff.)

In chargen, using Homeworld codes to determine starting skills is good (it has has also been used in Mongoose). But also, for me, for limiting which Careers a character can enter. (I think this qualifies as mechanics, not fluff.)
In the Classic Citizens app I just released, I use this mechanic. I let the user pick a homeworld from TravellerMap or manually enter the codes so they can make sure a specific career is available (Barbarians TL2).

In the Classic Citizens app I just released, I use this mechanic. I let the user pick a homeworld from TravellerMap or manually enter the codes so they can make sure a specific career is available (Barbarians TL2).
Yes, I see that... A MT version of your generator would be nice as well.

None - but the DGP task system was in their CT line before 2300 and MT used variants of it.
Likewise, I'd modded striker a small bit...

See, on the whole, MT made the changes I'd wanted in CT.

Theres really no need any more, Cepheus Duluxe has it all in - a fully updated CT version. It's what I have been waiting for for years it seems and I only just recently found it. Add the Imperium setting, the classic ships and aliens and it's perfect.

Theres really no need any more, Cepheus Duluxe has it all in - a fully updated CT version. It's what I have been waiting for for years it seems and I only just recently found it. Add the Imperium setting, the classic ships and aliens and it's perfect.
Honestly I am not above stealing from CE, though I feel the damage scale in CE vehicles needs some work.

Back