• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

OTU Only: What Spinward Marches Subsectors Do You Play In?

What Spinward Marches Subsectors Do You Play In?

• Cronor

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Jewell

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Regina

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Aramis

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Querion

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Vilis

• Lanth

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Rhylanor

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Darrian

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sword Worlds

• Lunion

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Mora

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Five Sisters

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • District 268

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • Glisten

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Trin's Veil

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
While my various groups and I managed to play in every Marches' subsector, I set a majority of what I did in the "Four Corners" region; Swords - Lunion - Glisten - District 268.

I'd originally picked that area for a couple reasons. Grote was one region; a delightfully odd little system with the one of the few Class A ports in the region. The Imperial border was another reason as were the Swordies and all the "Indies" in the District. After I'd picked the region and begun creating materials for my use, there was a resulting "inertia" of a sort which played a big role in keeping me there.

Eventually I had so much material, I had so many world descriptions, NPCs, companies, rumors, governments, you name it, that I could easily drop a new adventure, set of sessions, or campaign in the previously detailed region. What was helpful at first, true to my nature, quickly became a crutch.

I became so used to using the region that I deliberately set my later Active Duty IISS campaign in Trin's Veil as a way to shake up my thinking.

None. I prefer the other side of the known galaxy for its not being overdone in available materials. I've always thought the whole point of Traveller was to create your own settings rather than used pre-packaged stuff from a box outside the rules themselves.

Within the marches my usual play is on ...
JewelReginaAramis
VillisLanthRhylanor
LunionMora
More importantly, it's the Coreward end of Lanth, except when travelling to/from Mora...

Of course, the bolded areas are more frequent than the non.

I've got MTU in Foreven, spinward of Five Sisters, and Darrian, District 268 and Glisten have seen some action. Great area of the Marches.

I voted Querion, since I just voted for the lot.

I have run adventures in every SM subsector, and even played in a few.

In Querion I played a mercenary - ex Sworld World army. Highlights were a raid on the Imperial research station on Retinae and running the security detail for the colony being established on Bael to develop the lanthanum extraction industry.

I'm surprised the rhylanor/porozlo axis doesn't attract more game activity.

and what is going on in lanth that makes it as popular as it is?

I'm surprised the rhylanor/porozlo axis doesn't attract more game activity.

and what is going on in lanth that makes it as popular as it is?

Lanth has a main connecting through large portions of the sector, with a hub at Regina/Regina, and another at Capon/Lunion... on it, one can get from Jewell to Arden and Lunion, and via Lunion, to the Sword Worlds.

Lots of action to happen there. Especially for J1 freighters.

Mostly Darrian, Sword Worlds, Five Sisters and District 268. These are gateways to Beyond Sector which I did a lot of 3I play. They also were small empires and of course the Droyne Worlds in Five Sisters. Also, Glisten was good as it gets invaded by the Aslan during Rebellion.

I am working on a novel based in the Vilis sub-sector, and I like Rhylanor for the two adventures, Research Station Gamma and Twilight's Peak.

Back