• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

OTU Only: Which OTU sector do you play in?

Which OTU sector do you play in?

• Spinward Marches

Votes: 54 65.1%
  • Solomani Rim

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Foreven

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Spica

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Gateway

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Core

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Empty Quarter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deneb

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Corridor

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Diaspora

• Old Expanses

• Canopus

• Daibei

• Trojan Reach

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Ilelish

• Dagudashaag

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Antares

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dark Nebua

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • REaver's Deep

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 22 26.5%

• Total voters

Golan2072

SOC-14 1K
Admin Award
Marquis
Which sector of the OTU do you play in, or have played in for a significant time in the past?

Mine are the Spinward Marches and the Dark Nebula - both border sectors.

Note that due to the 20-item limit on the poll, there are Imperial sectors (and many alien ones) I couldn't include. In this case, use the "Other" option and, if you want, post the sector's name in the thread.

Last edited:
Though I am developing Knoellighz Sector, I am currently tracking a post-5FW character, Senior Scout Gevaudan Cannagrrh who has been banished from the Domain of Deneb and returns to Gvurrdon Sector and his home polity of the Society of Equals. He travels back and forth between Ksits Usathu and Aelluekh subsectors there.

I consider Gvurrdon Sector an OTU Sector with a plethora of story potential in 1105, 5FW, post-5FW, Rebellion, Hard Times (not really an era I'm told), Virus, and New Era periods on the timeline.

Using a curious mix of Roger Malmstein's Gvurrdon Sourcebook and Mongoose, I try to average the two resources and find a happy medium.

Another character of mine, an Urzaeng Vargr and former Corsair meddles in the four corners of Spinward Marches, Gvurrdon, Tuglikki and Deneb Sectors during Rebellion and Hard Times. There is a Prospectors' hub that is worthy of a tavern story starter atmosphere.

On the scene everywhere you need to be, this is the Pakkrat for Net-7 News!

The Marches primarily. Forays into Foreven and the Trojan Reach from the Marches but, oddly, no similar forays into Deneb, Gvurrdon, Ziafrplians, or the Beyond.

A long campaign in the Islands subsectors of Reft, but which actually started in the Marches.

A series of barely linked "one-session" adventures set in the Dark Nebula from the wargame.

A Solomani Rim campaign centered on Signal GK which faded away after 4(?) sessions.

All told, it's been the Marches and it's "neighbors" over 90% of the time.

I've done mostly Spinward Marches and the Paranoia Press version of Beyond/Vangard Reaches. Certainly I've done stuff in Solomani Rim, Dark Nebula, Reavers Deep, even.., whatever it was out spinward where the old FASA supplements were set, but these were more limited settings.

D.

My play has mostly been in the marches, but i prefer the Judges Guild sectors. Too bad they never fleshed out the danin race.

Mostly, tho', i am looking at my own setting for future games.

The Marches remain my default as well, though I've run games long and short in Daibei and Ingukrax, and am planning others.

I chose the "other" side of the charted galaxy myself. The Glimmerdrift, parts of the Hinterworlds, and Crucis Margin.

My play has mostly been in the marches, but i prefer the Judges Guild sectors. Too bad they never fleshed out the danin race.

Mostly, tho', i am looking at my own setting for future games.

Actually, now that I think about it, I've done a fair amount of playing in the JG sectors too.

D.

I consider Gvurrdon Sector an OTU Sector with a plethora of story potential in 1105, 5FW, post-5FW, Rebellion, Hard Times (not really an era I'm told), Virus, and New Era periods on the timeline.

Using a curious mix of Roger Malmstein's Gvurrdon Sourcebook and Mongoose, I try to average the two resources and find a happy medium.

As far as I know, Gvurrdon is a sector. CT's Vargr module details it.

Also, Hard Times is, in my not humble AT ALL opinion, an era. It may affect the Vargr Extents in a different way than Imperil sectors, though.

And my group plays in the Palmyra subsector from a FASA module. I may offer to run something in Gateway.

Spinward marches mostly due to familiarity with the material and spreadsheets and computer games that have support for getting around in the sector with various ships. Time period? Just prior to the 5th frontier war.

I Also play on the near vicinity to earth as a dawn of Terran expansion with tech 8 prototype drives and colonies per world tamer's handbook with some extensions for planets that require a "protected" environment for the colonists.

The Verge.

Largest area not administered by a Domain.

Other than a TAS entry in the Hard Times era, nothing was ever done with it. The worlds are a mess (over 40% are either Desert or Waterworlds). "Garden Worlds" are mostly unpopulated, and the heavily overpopulated worlds are "Hell Worlds" in T5 parlance. I attribute this to the fall of the 1st Imperium - these worlds were used for resource extraction, not viewed as long term habitats. The long night trapped the workers there.

Most are pretty low tech (Sector Average, just over TL10. The only ships TL 13 or higher are Military) Lots of high-level law worlds, along with a LOT of non-charismatic dictators and unresponsive bureaucracies means that every subsector has at least 1 crack-pot "liberation" movement.

Politically, everything is coming to a slow boil.

Solomani Rim (regardless of era) :cool:. Used to really do Beyond and Vanguard Reaches back in CT days. Those are what got me interested in the OTU. Core when T4 was out.
And, um, Theta Borealis :nonono:. Then I learned better.

I could just never get into Spinward Marches OTU or ATU to the extent the rest of you seem to obsess over. :rolleyes:

I like the Trojan Reaches as of Third Imperium Fanzine.

Which reminds me, MGT used that sector for their Aslan book. How closely do the two sources match?

After a long time away from Traveller, I am running again soon. I'm using MGT for rules, but for setting, I really like the depth of the Gateway to Destiny setting produced for T20, so I am running in the Gateway 990 domain/era.

I'm using MGT for rules, but for setting, I really like the depth of the Gateway to Destiny setting produced for T20, so I am running in the Gateway 990 domain/era.

That's the beauty of the game. You can mix and match from a huge number of ingredients to produce exactly what you want.

Back