• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Why Ley Sector?

Years ago, I photocopied the entire Atlas of the Imperium, drew in borders, guessed at X-Boat routes in other sectors, and had this enormous map of the Imperium, I guess about 7' x 9' on my ceiling. It was one of my better art projects as a kid. It looked very damned cool.

Now, these days, with my wife and I remodeling the house, I'm wondering if she'd let me get black hex tile in the shower and paint on the Spinward Marches in living color.

Hmmm and FASA has aparantly gone under. only a few years after finaly acheiving the thing they really wanted to do and did traveller supplements to fund...

er. Hunter. I only know you from the posts I've read since. um... yesterday but...

there's an idea for you. FASA did some stuff for travller, like Judges Guild. AND... is out of business? Like Judges Guild?

Nudge nudge, wink wink need I say more?

Originally posted by Garf:
Hmmm and FASA has aparantly gone under. only a few years after finaly acheiving the thing they really wanted to do and did traveller supplements to fund...

er. Hunter. I only know you from the posts I've read since. um... yesterday but...

there's an idea for you. FASA did some stuff for travller, like Judges Guild. AND... is out of business? Like Judges Guild?

From memnory, Roger Sanger [The Evil One!] Has the rights to the FASA Traveller stuff. Unless MWM has bought them back, they are not available to GURPS Traveller and possably T20 as well for copyright reasons.

Darryl

Originally posted by solar_shipping:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Garf:

From memnory, Roger Sanger [The Evil One!] Has the rights to the FASA Traveller stuff. Unless MWM has bought them back, they are not available to GURPS Traveller and possably T20 as well for copyright reasons.

Darryl
</font>[/QUOTE]FFE013 in Far Futures schedule (for this year... Hah!) is FASA Modules 1, so I presume MWM/FFE have the rights to some at least of the FASA material. Wonder what happened to their Thieves World stuff...

Originally posted by Gallowglass:
I know he bought the rights to the DGP stuff. Not so sure if he bought FASA's stuff, too.

What a pain that guy is. I'd love to see that DGP stuff back in print, but I'll be he has its value overestimated by about 200%.

Originally posted by solar_shipping:

Darryl
I know there were rumours that the ownership of the FASA and various other licenced CT material came to rest with Roger Sanger. However they were never confirmed and now the same rumour mill is predicting upcoming publication of said material as part of the FFE CT reprint line.

I think all that can be said with accuracy is that Roger Sanger does holds the Copyright to the DGP MT material (for good or ill) and that the copyright holder for the FASA material is unclear at the moment (that and rumours are not a reliable source of information).

Watch and wait, for soon the stars shall be write

Originally posted by Andrewmv:
I know there were rumours that the ownership of the FASA and various other licenced CT material came to rest with Roger Sanger. However they were never confirmed and now the same rumour mill is predicting upcoming publication of said material as part of the FFE CT reprint line.

I think all that can be said with accuracy is that Roger Sanger does holds the Copyright to the DGP MT material (for good or ill) and that the copyright holder for the FASA material is unclear at the moment (that and rumours are not a reliable source of information).

Watch and wait, for soon the stars shall be write
I doubt that Marc Miller's release schedule at http://www.farfuture.net/a5509.html qualifies as 'rumor.' Optimistic as far as timing is concerned, certianly - but I doubt that this would be up if he didn't have the rights.

just my cr0.02

theSea

Back