• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

2320AD PDF Now Available!!!!!

Originally posted by jwcarroll60:
I have a different issue. I have tried to donwload this 4 times. Each time it comes up as a corrupted or invalid file.

I really could use some help here from somone. I would like to enjoy the product I have purchased.
Asked in the other thread as well, problem from here, RPGNow or DTRPG?

Originally posted by Stephen Herron:

I just went out at lunch and got it printed and bound at the local Kinkos. $33 dollars, ouch, but well worth it. It now sits on my desk at work, with several people commenting, "ooo, what's that".
Fortunetly, I've bought a home laser printer that does all that heavy lifting for me. I just hope the toner cartridge holds out, though. The only thing I need to to do is take it to Office Depot to get it Wire bound for a couple of bucks and I'm good to game.

Now all I have to do is find a group who wants to play.

I envy the lifting power of your home printer, Mark. I think it was worth paying for it, just to have the thing double-sided, and with a color cover.

Ah, 'tis a thing of beauty.

Originally posted by jwcarroll60:
[qb] I have a different issue. I have tried to donwload this 4 times. Each time it comes up as a corrupted or invalid file.
Some older versions of Adobe Reader can't read files created with newer versions of Adobe. Did you try installing the latest version??

Mike

Originally posted by Qstor2:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jwcarroll60:
[qb] I have a different issue. I have tried to donwload this 4 times. Each time it comes up as a corrupted or invalid file.
Some older versions of Adobe Reader can't read files created with newer versions of Adobe. Did you try installing the latest version??

Mike
</font>[/QUOTE]Acrobat 5 or higher should work fine.

Hunter

Originally posted by hunter:
Yup, unbelievable as it sounds, it's here! 375 pages of 2320AD goodness!
As promised in my trash-talking in the 2320 forums earlier, I purchased this bad boy within 5 minutes of hearing it was out.

It's been a 20 year wait, and from my quick skim so far, it's all good! Typos or layout errors aside, I am just damn glad to see this on my screen! Looks like I have myself a new sci-fi campaign to wage!

Seriously, I am glad this crossed the finish line, and I hope you both do well from it! I have already started spreading the word to the gearheads I know, so I hope you get some more sales from that too. Everything I have seen so far looks like its worth every penny.

Will an SRD version be published (for T20 and, or 2320) so that the community can be absolutely assured they are working from OGL-covered material only? I know I would prefer generating fan content against an SRD rather than go back and forth over whether or not I understood every "This is OGL but this isn't".

SRD or not, I am one happy gamer today.

Colin, Hunter, everyone else who helped, thank you VERY much!

Originally posted by LordVan:
Question, I see references to the Traveller Guidebook. Is this a book that will be released soon?
Yes working on it these days as the next big release, though it's not really needed for 2320AD, the Handbook covers it all.

Couple of questions about the finished product, as I'm new to this forum, but an old fan of the 2300 AD line.

First, what's in this book? Am I right to assume it's mostly background and equipment, given the fact that the mechanics are in the T20 rulebook? Some sample .pdf files on sale sites include a copy of their table of contents--I'd love to see one.

Second, are the illustrations in this book in color or not? Some of the sample art (beautiful, BTW) on this board is in color--is that the case in the finished product?

Third, there has been talk about a POD version of this work being made available eventually. Will there be a significant difference, cost-wise, between the POD and the .pdf version. And if the illustrations in the .pdf are in color, will the POD version also have color?

Any input folks can give would be appreciated. This is all quite fun to see--it's like running into an old friend you haven't seen in twenty years.

Originally posted by CJBeiting:
First, what's in this book? Am I right to assume it's mostly background and equipment, given the fact that the mechanics are in the T20 rulebook? Some sample .pdf files on sale sites include a copy of their table of contents--I'd love to see one.
Pretty much. It compiles a lot of the info from a multitude of the original books into one place.

Second, are the illustrations in this book in color or not? Some of the sample art (beautiful, BTW) on this board is in color--is that the case in the finished product?
Some are some are not. The final will have all the new artwork. The current doesn't have much new artwork, though it has some.

Third, there has been talk about a POD version of this work being made available eventually. Will there be a significant difference, cost-wise, between the POD and the .pdf version. And if the illustrations in the .pdf are in color, will the POD version also have color?
Probably looking at around $39.95 for the print (though this isn't definite). And no the print won't have color. Drives the cost up significantly.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Hunter. Two more question areas:

1. By "final" I take it you mean the final edited version of the .pdf? If so, what's the ETA for this work, if you have an ETA, that is?

2. Similarly, do you have an ETA for the POD version?

I'm asking because my resources for printing out a version of a PDF are limited, and I'm trying to guesstimate the way that's best for me to purchase this product.

2300 was always a favorite of mine, and it really, really is nice to see it in a pretty new edition. It's like running into a girl you knew and liked in college and realizing, "Damn. She's *still* gorgeous...."

Colin said
Probably looking at around $39.95 for the print (though this isn't definite). And no the print won't have color. Drives the cost up significantly.
Would it not be possible to set up a colour version as well (at a suitable premium) for those who want/need it? I for one would like to see Laurent's ships in glorious technicolour in a printed version. As its going to be POD we get to choose the version we would like for the cost we can afford.

I'm not familiar with POD costs - is there some up front cost to set up in colour or black & white?

Originally posted by CJBeiting:
Thanks for the prompt reply, Hunter. Two more question areas:

1. By "final" I take it you mean the final edited version of the .pdf? If so, what's the ETA for this work, if you have an ETA, that is?

2. Similarly, do you have an ETA for the POD version?

I'm asking because my resources for printing out a version of a PDF are limited, and I'm trying to guesstimate the way that's best for me to purchase this product.

2300 was always a favorite of mine, and it really, really is nice to see it in a pretty new edition. It's like running into a girl you knew and liked in college and realizing, "Damn. She's *still* gorgeous...."
Not so much a final edited version, but Ted Lindsey is working on a much nicer layout with all the fancy pics ;)

He's pretty busy and getting the final layout done as he has the time, and we are still getting the artwork in. Probably still be a month or so before it's ready.

I could make the current PDF available as POD, but I'd hate to see folks buy it and then have to buy the updated one if that's the one they really wanted.

Hunter

Originally posted by Jonathan Pearson:
Colin said
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Probably looking at around $39.95 for the print (though this isn't definite). And no the print won't have color. Drives the cost up significantly.
Would it not be possible to set up a colour version as well (at a suitable premium) for those who want/need it? I for one would like to see Laurent's ships in glorious technicolour in a printed version. As its going to be POD we get to choose the version we would like for the cost we can afford.

I'm not familiar with POD costs - is there some up front cost to set up in colour or black & white?
</font>[/QUOTE]I could do that, but the color version would like be VERY expensive in comparison. And I do mean VERY expensive. Like around 2-3 times the cost of the B/W version.

Hunter

Originally posted by TWILIGHT:
I would also be interested in a full colour version.
Even given the fact it would be 2 to 3 times the price of the B/W version?

Hunter

Maybe. It might be cheaper to print and bind from a colour PDF though. It would all depend on the final price but I would splash out for the full colour.
(besides, you're gonna need more than just me buying it right?)

Back