• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Amber or not? Beck's World/Regina (Spinward Marches 2204)

Redcap

SOC-13
Baron
Can anyone tell me why Beck's World (Beck's World/Regina; Spinward Marches 2204) is listed on the Traveller Map as being a Amber Zone, yet in both CT and MgT material (LBB Supplement #3 The Spinward Marches, Mgt The Spinward Marches), it's not listed as one?

Presents a bit of confusion, that; can anyone shed any light on this, please?

Cartographers,

Because TravellerMap is becoming T5SS compliant,(the details of which are fuzzy or mutable at times), worlds with a Government added to Law Level, G+LL totaling 20 or more are considered Dangerous (Da) if their Population is 6 or less and Puzzle (Pz) if the Population is 7 or greater. Worlds with G+LL of 22+ are considered Red. In developing the sector that I chose to work on, I too had to ask why worlds were Unabsorbed or Forbidden in regards to the Zhodani and why worlds in the Vargr Extents were given laughable lip service Amber or Red Zone ratings when the TAS cannot confirm such with any reliability. One can find this methodology on p. 412 of Traveller5.

But since we are dealing with Traveller5, this is the direction that TravellerMap has chosen to migrate. While it remains in the 1105 Mongoose's base start date, the map itself is more compliant to T5, though there is some attempt at using Legacy Trade Classifications that keep a compatibility with Mongoose. YMMV. Just MHO (my humble observation). Void where prohibited. Not available in some polities. See your local Stellar Cartography department for calibrations.

There may be other, story reasons possibly from a Traveller adventure #N that has world-specific reasons for the Amber rating. It might be the Ancients (An) Trade Classification even if such has noting to do with interstellar commerce.

For Net-7 News, this is the Pakkrat.

Ah, so it's due to the T5 rules. Figures. OK, thanks for the heads up on this.

Note to self: check UPPs on CT & MgT publications *before* issuing the tourney adventure!

Can anyone tell me why Beck's World (Beck's World/Regina; Spinward Marches 2204) is listed on the Traveller Map as being a Amber Zone, yet in both CT and MgT material (LBB Supplement #3 The Spinward Marches, Mgt The Spinward Marches), it's not listed as one?

Presents a bit of confusion, that; can anyone shed any light on this, please?

Frakking Survey Scouts. :rant:

:rofl:

QFT ;) They were obviously on the Scout Brew
rofl.gif

Back