• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Any 2nd edition to fix errata?

Hey Aramis, please explain? I never heard of this and I have many cds that I bought from Marc in the past which had many scanning/ocr issues.
One of the worst was my 2300AD cd.

I have not purchased any more of FFE's cd's due to this.

I have also stopped from buying from drivethru due to the price difference - ie, if I wanted to buy the exact same content that is on the cd, but do it through drive thru, the cost difference is almost a factor of 10.

The only benefit has been that Drivethru offers free updates for any bad scans/issues

If Marc offered bundles that matched the cd's, I would buy more of his products.

I don't know the current details, but when the CT CD was updated, it was an email offer, and it was $5 plus shipping, or $5 with any other product order.

The current CT CD is much better scans than the original one. And that was a distinct improvement over the scans offered via QLI.

Edited to Add: If you want to get the revised disks and purchased the originals, you should probably email Marc directly.

Last edited:
No flame from me. You're probably right. But, I'm an eternal optimist. Couple that with loving the game and I'll do ... I'm not sure ... a lot to help it move forward.

No flame from me. You're probably right. But, I'm an eternal optimist. Couple that with loving the game and I'll do ... I'm not sure ... a lot to help it move forward.

I fell in love with Traveller when it first hit the Hobby Shop shelves! I haunted the stores awaiting each new issue. I still am in love with Traveller. For me though, it's CT forever. (Though I will place a few odds and ends from other versions into the mix.)

One positive thing T5 did for MTU was make legitimate multiple drives working together in the same ship to increase power, maneuver and jump. Long overdue. There are some other gems in there too, but you have to dig.

I'm a kickstarter supporter of T5. It brought me back to Traveller after all these years. I'd pay again to get a re-edited, errata-free copy of the book. Hell, I'd buy a few copies so my players can have one handy!

What's more, I would edit the book myself for reprint if it can speed things up! :)

I fell in love with Traveller when it first hit the Hobby Shop shelves! I haunted the stores awaiting each new issue. I still am in love with Traveller. For me though, it's CT forever. (Though I will place a few odds and ends from other versions into the mix.)

One positive thing T5 did for MTU was make legitimate multiple drives working together in the same ship to increase power, maneuver and jump. Long overdue. There are some other gems in there too, but you have to dig.

This probably belongs in its own thread, but I see T5 as CT without the baggage. By baggage, I mean both good and bad. CT's lethality: good. CT's continuous addition of skills through 8 rules additions: bad. Etc.

The thing I really like about T5 is that it's basically complete. Much could be added, but it's completely playable as is. (Minus errata, that is.) It's like CT in that you can pick and choose how to play, but it has the advantage of all being in one package. (Not that it's one book, but the system is essentially complete.)

I'll gladly pay for paperback volumes that add up to the one whole book. I'll buy them as CDs, too.

But, what I would like most of all is adventures. I'm not so creative that way. I can referee with the best of them, but creating that universe? Not so easy for me. And I'm having a tough time "translating" the CT adventures to T5.

But, what I would like most of all is adventures. I'm not so creative that way. I can referee with the best of them, but creating that universe? Not so easy for me. And I'm having a tough time "translating" the CT adventures to T5.

+1

We really need an adventure for T5. It helps referees get a grasp the system and puts everything in perspective. And, it helps to start new campaigns which make the system adopted, etc.

+1

We really need an adventure for T5. It helps referees get a grasp the system and puts everything in perspective. And, it helps to start new campaigns which make the system adopted, etc.

From what I've seen so far, of all the folks on CotI, Robject seems to have the best grasp of T5. He does confine himself to ships for the most part though.

Maybe he'll write something or collaborate with others to get something out. His posting ship designs was what made me stick with T5 as long as I did. He was a one man ambassador for T5 when TPTB abdicated. (For awhile I thought he was one of the undead and didn't require sleep. I'm still not certain he isn't.:D)

For me, being partly blind, T5 is a nightmare with no index. I need a new CD but haven't ordered a replacement. Just to easy to go back to CT and look at the BBB on the shelf. (Trying to shift around the volume and only so much fits on the screen anyway. Just to much bother.)

I think it was a rational thing to do (and it's what prompted Marc to change the 'A' maneuver drive to 2 tons, by the way, for both T5 and Mongoose Traveller).

I'd pay again to get a re-edited, errata-free copy of the book. Hell, I'd buy a few copies so my players can have one handy!

You're generous. I totally understand buying copies for players. And I can understand paying for an edited hardcover book. But as a backer, well... I kind of want an edited PDF for a very nominal fee, or on media if Marc still does it that way (JumpDrive preferred of course).

This probably belongs in its own thread, but I see T5 as CT without the baggage. By baggage, I mean both good and bad. CT's lethality: good. CT's continuous addition of skills through 8 rules additions: bad. Etc.

The thing I really like about T5 is that it's basically complete. Much could be added, but it's completely playable as is. (Minus errata, that is.) It's like CT in that you can pick and choose how to play, but it has the advantage of all being in one package. (Not that it's one book, but the system is essentially complete.)

This is more or less how I see the T5 core book. Not just the basic rules, but also major supplemental rules, sucked into one volume. A reference.

Marc and I have talked and emailed about bringing the CT adventures into T5. And right now that's all it is: talk. But it's something I want to see, as well.

Note that Greg Lee has been dragged, kicking and screaming, back into the Traveller world, with his Cirque adventure for Traveller5. He's a good writer and a fun read (he has three sci-fi books out over the past few years that are worth reading, with a grittiness level similar to 2300AD. I recommend them).

From what I've seen so far, of all the folks on CotI, Robject seems to have the best grasp of T5. He does confine himself to ships for the most part though.

Maybe he'll write something or collaborate with others to get something out. His posting ship designs was what made me stick with T5 as long as I did. He was a one man ambassador for T5 when TPTB abdicated. (For awhile I thought he was one of the undead and didn't require sleep. I'm still not certain he isn't.:D)

For me, being partly blind, T5 is a nightmare with no index. I need a new CD but haven't ordered a replacement. Just to easy to go back to CT and look at the BBB on the shelf. (Trying to shift around the volume and only so much fits on the screen anyway. Just to much bother.)

People need examples, and by Strephon that's what I can give them.

T5 is not kind to the blind. That said, Marc showed me a prototype list of keywords last week (the sort of list that has candidate entries for an index); it was in a large font and is in the process of being pared down, but at that time it was over 100 pages long. Suffice to say that it is getting trimmed back "a bit", to say the least.

Regarding me and T5: I spent most of my time in the "maker" tools -- if you've seen my website, I wrote programs for building weapons and armor, as well as starships. But I've also spent time thinking about robots, animals, and of course robotic animals. Finally, I've thought about sophonts, going so far as to draft T5 versions of "Alien Modules" (if the module exists, though, it's better to just publish the T5 stats for the aliens -- we don't need more duplication of material).

Regarding adventures etc. I've encouraged Craig Glesner to get his Herald-class ship design and associated adventure/setting published; he has a nice set of deckplans and knows starship design as well as I. Greg Lee has Cirque of course. There are other things being discussed, which don't need Marc's oversight, and some which do.

You know, I wouldn't be opposed to a 100-page index. As long as it ALSO had a 1-4 page index. Ideally, both would be available electronically, and if so, they would link back and forth. Kind of like a Wiki on a small scale.

So, Marc should keep that first draft. :)

Add me to the list of people willing to pay for at least a corrected PDF.

And as for anyone encouraging MgT: Mongoose has done a good job, and I have about three quarters of their Traveller output, but do not believe it's any better quality than T5; it still suffers from Mongoose's notorious bad editing, and the books are full of inconsistencies, unclear rules, and outright errors.

updated T5

I don't know about paying for an updated PDF? Creating a new version with fixes should be a part of a 2nd release/printing and just keeping an errata available at the least.
It would need to be more robust and that would be a different story. For example a PDF only "little black book" edition with many examples.

I also want to keep the large ship universe.

Back