• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Automated T20 Character Generator

Originally posted by hunter:
The problem was at the time they contact me they were having all of the issues with license problems. They have since gotten the project compliant.

Have em contact me and I'll authorize it.

Hunter
I take it this never got followed up on, as there is still no T20 data set for PCGen publicly available?

I pointed the PCGen folks at your contact data. It would be SOOOOO nice to get that available to help make NPCs. I am porting over some adventure locales and it would really help...

My biggest problem with most of the spreadsheet approaches is that my version of Excel is too old to run them...

Then get Linux and a copy of Open office. Works fine with older computers.

Originally posted by GypsyComet:
My biggest problem with most of the spreadsheet approaches is that my version of Excel is too old to run them...

Ah, this would be the assumption that I buy Intel-based machines...

Been a Mac user for 20 years and I see no reason to change. My current machine is just a bit long in the tooth, and my version of office is older than that. I will be upgrading soon, but the head gasket on my car decided to break this week, so the computer upgrade just got put off a little longer...

Been a Mac user for 20 years and I see no reason to change. My current machine is just a bit long in the tooth, and my version of office is older than that. I will be upgrading soon, but the head gasket on my car decided to break this week, so the computer upgrade just got put off a little longer...
Well, there is a version of OpenOffice that runs on OS X... sorta. It uses X11, so it's awfully clunky (at least on my machine). there's theoretically going to be a native OS X version sometime in the future, but who knows?

Originally posted by peteyfrogboy:
Well, there is a version of OpenOffice that runs on OS X... sorta. It uses X11, so it's awfully clunky (at least on my machine). there's theoretically going to be a native OS X version sometime in the future, but who knows?
When I upgrade to a machine that can run OS X, I'll give it a look.

You don't need an Intel machine to run Linux. Matter of fact my first exposure to Linux was for my Amiga. My first exposure to Unix was on a 68020 based machine. (Talk about old Macs.) Linux is platform independent. Though you might have to get source code and the GCC compiler for some of the more esoteric machines. And as far as cost goes, it is available free for download.

Why do you need PCGen to actually run the prior history to create a character sheet? Ultimately, a character sheet is a snapshot of a PC at a certain XP total. If the Prior History is what's getting in the way, it'd be a lot easier to drop the prior history, and you'd still really not lose anything from the final result.

(Okay, if you wanted a prior history tracking sheet, yeah, you would lose that, but it's not necessary to play the game. I run games at Cons with characters that do not possess a prior history sheet, and it's never been a problem before.)

Just some thoughts,
Flynn

Originally posted by Flynn:
Why do you need PCGen to actually run the prior history to create a character sheet? Ultimately, a character sheet is a snapshot of a PC at a certain XP total. If the Prior History is what's getting in the way, it'd be a lot easier to drop the prior history, and you'd still really not lose anything from the final result.

(Okay, if you wanted a prior history tracking sheet, yeah, you would lose that, but it's not necessary to play the game. I run games at Cons with characters that do not possess a prior history sheet, and it's never been a problem before.)

Just some thoughts,
Flynn
I agree...sure a tracking sheet or a spot on the character sheet to include the info would be nice, but the real benefit of having the T20 info in PCGen would be the building of the character itself, either after running prior history or while doing it on the side.

Why can they have one for mac?

i would have OSX if i could find the disks but right now i have OS9 and would like for a copy of it in OS9 so i dont have to put up with being asked so many question buy PCs who don't own the book and dont want to read what something does.

Back