• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Colors in the IISS

I have some other questions about the scout service. Has there ever been a cannon reference to the colors of the ships or uniforms in the IISS? There was the cover to the Megatraveller Referee's Companion which shows what appears to be scouts in blue tailored space suits on and orange ship, but I'm not sure that is what this is supposed to represent.

There is an excellent image I found online with Scout garrison uniforms in tans with a little white and black. I see these as comparable to the class B and maybe class A uniforms in the US Army. However, the field uniform is only indicated to be a tailored space suit. Have I missed anything that gives a color for that?

As for ships, there is the above mentioned orange ship with a black stripe near the bow and a red stripe near the stern. Other artwork I've seen on the internet have shown scout ships as being grey with a wide white stripe near the stern, white with three green stripes at about the middle, and olive drab. Some of the discrepancy here could be a case of the different branches, or even different districts using different colors. Also, ships on special or wartime missions might use different color schemes based on the mission. Has anything cannon been printed on this subject?

As with my previous thread, I value the experience on this forum, and welcome discussion.

Thank you,
Sevya

I have been looking through what I have on my computer, and right now, I do not have anything on uniforms. On the cover of T4 Milieu Zero, there is a red and white colored ship which might be a Scout ship. On the cover of T4 First Survey, there is an orange and white colored ship. There is nothing on either ship colors or uniforms in Loren Wiseman's article on Scouts in JTAS 6. I will keep looking, but I am not sure that I have anything more than that.

There is nothing in Supplement 6: Scouts that I can find.

I always thought there should be one service using fluorescent yellow.

The Scouts undertake a wide range of duties, including covert reconnaissance.

DGP's Grand Census details the IISS Survey Uniform, basically a TL15 vacc suit, but doesn't mention colors. Both Grand Census and Grand Survey show characters on the covers wearing blue uniforms.

Wait a second.

That explains EVERYTHING about S7.

In-universe, the authors were Vargr, not Human (nor even 3I).
Hence the monochrome illustrations and the errata -- the mistakes were because they lacked access to the classified accurate stats.

Thank you, agorski. I don't own those books, but I found images of the covers. That confirms that the field uniforms are blue TL 15 tailored vacc suits.

Also from the cover of Grand Survey, the ship appears to be white, with numbering in black and the Imperial Starburst in red.

That's the info I was looking for on this threat. Thank you, everybody, for the input.

Sevya

Back