• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Complete Cosmos: Age of Sail now up with Vega and Classified Volumes

Dear Cosmonauts,

The final 2 volumes of my Cosmos: Age of Sail setting should be popping up any minute now on Drive Thru RPG. As with earlier volumes they are available for a few bucks or nowt for those whom those of you who are skint or whom these coviddy times have hit hard. The vast majority of the content can be taken and plopped straight into pretty much any Cepheus or classic D6 setting but I'm vain enough to think that all 4 volumes together create a coherent, unique and thrilling science fiction setting. These are sizeable volumes...

Vega - This is the largest volume in the set of 4, a detailed 200 page examination of an entire subsector. It begins with a historic/political overview before going on to detail each world's system, geography and society. Then we turn to an in depth description of the powerful technocratic world Vega itself before drilling down further into the mighty megapolis of Vega City and sample life in her neighbourhoods of majestic starscraper clusters. Plenty of NPCs, cultural detail and an investigative street level adventure (Obviously don't read this if you are not the referee!) are supplied to immerse characters in their extraordinary home.

Classified - Clocking in at about half the size of Vega this book is intended for referees only. It contains another plethora of richly detailed NPCs with background stories as adventure springboards and lots more campaigning, chapters full of adventuring ideas and a simple short scenario to dip players toes in the water. No spoilers here but there are secrets the like of which no character should know. If you do grab this keep mum.

Remember that Cosmos: Age of Sail Charted Space and the Companion volume, and freebie Charted Space star map and player handout, are still out there too. The whole business took a few bob and some sweat so I truly hope that you all grab, read, enjoy and, fingers crossed, play these. Feel free to go ahead and write your own adventures for the setting (Remembering to include spoilers and notes on any setting changes you have made. Of course a mention would be nice too!). Once more comrades - Poyekhali!

Back