• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Poyekhali! Cosmos: Age of Sail setting is go. Thank you.

Apologies for mentioning Gagarin's iconic exhortation. I mistakenly thought it appropriate to quote the first "Traveller" on the 60th anniversary of the birth of space travel and genuinely couldn't imagine how it could upset anyone so sorry guys. "Zdetl" was a subsequent attempt to lighten things with humour as I had wrongly assumed that fictional Traveller languages and names were allowed. Clearly neither is in English so I hold my hand up. Again apologies to any "old Imperial French soldiers" I've upset and hopefully hatchets are buried and good moods continue all round. Happy gaming all!

Ey up Richard,

Thanks for releasing Cosmos (essentially) for free. Always good to read new settings for this little niche of a niche hobby. Keeps things alive :).

I’m not very au fait with the FAQs for this site, but it does seem a bit strange to ban non-English words on a discussion board for discussing fictional worlds. I guess your post was not completely de rigeur for this site.

Anyway - just got it from drivethrurpg, and looking forward to reading it.

‘Sithee

Hambut

Ey up indeed Mr. Foot. Just as well I didn't go with the original Latin setting title! To be fair I expect the rule was put there to prevent inappropriate content being smuggled in under the linguistic radar. Can't fault good honest Derbyshire English though! Hope you enjoy the content of Age of Sail - or at least find lots of useful stuff to bag for your own game. We may be a niche but hopefully we're a happy one. Cheers.

Back