• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Consolodated Equipment list posted

PVernon

SOC-13
Knight
I have noticed over the last few weeks various people have been looking for equipment lists. So ... I have posted on my site a list that is compiled from as many CT, MT, T4, TNE, and T20 sorces as possable.

The list is a work in progress so if you see a problem, a scorce not used, or have suggestion as to organization please send me a note at my yahoo address. (pvernon2001@yahoo.com)

In the list I have avoided things that are the product of edition unique design sequenses. I have also changed some of the names so that like items sort together better, ie IR Goggles to Goggles,IR.
Have fun! :D

There was a small (LBB ish, though not black IIRC) equipment catalog (Central Supply?) published back in the waaaay old days. It had a *lot* of excellent gear in it (I thinkt he only complaint was it had no weights....). Did you have this as a reference? If not, I can perhaps produce some summary tables given a bit of time.

There was "The FCI Consumer Guide" from 1982 by some lot calling themselves the Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration" ;)

John Robertson

Originally posted by Libris:
There was "The FCI Consumer Guide" from 1982 by some lot calling themselves the Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration" ;)
Thanks for the 'name' reminder. I figured it was a FASA product (so my recollection said). I seem to have misplaced my original, but I have a 'backup' I made when I was trying to consolidate equipment lists waaay back.

I'm just curious if this gem of antiquity contributed to the list?

Originally posted by kaladorn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Libris:
Thanks for the 'name' reminder. I figured it was a FASA product (so my recollection said). I seem to have misplaced my original, but I have a 'backup' I made when I was trying to consolidate equipment lists waaay back.

I'm just curious if this gem of antiquity contributed to the list?
</font>[/QUOTE]No it did not, I don't have any of the FASA books. :(

Originally posted by PVernon:
No it did not, I don't have any of the FASA books. :(
Would you like me to supply an XLS or HTML file that has a tabular list of the equipment from the FCI Consumer's Guide?

If so, drop me an e-mail at kaladorn at magma dot ca. I'll have to attend to it next week, if you want it.

Originally posted by kaladorn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PVernon:
No it did not, I don't have any of the FASA books. :(
Would you like me to supply an XLS or HTML file that has a tabular list of the equipment from the FCI Consumer's Guide?

If so, drop me an e-mail at kaladorn at magma dot ca. I'll have to attend to it next week, if you want it.
</font>[/QUOTE]Yes that would be helpfull!

Originally posted by PVernon:
By the way Brook's plasmafaust needs a design to go with it.
file_23.gif
Well, I needed some kind of illo for the equipment list link. :cool: So here it is, the poor man's one-shot PGMP, the Spofulam Arms PlasmaFaust™. I would be delighted if someone wants to generate stats on the thing.

plasmafaust_sm.jpg

There's a larger view at http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/traveller/images/plasmafaust.png complete with the projectile.

Note that this is a product of Spofulam Arms, a division of Famile Spofulam so it ought to be pyrotechnic enough to satisfy Ditzie.

As I see it, I figure it fires an AP plasma grenade, initiating the plasma burst within the grenade body which is then launched at the target. The initial chemical propellant is supplemented by leaking a small jet of plasma from the base of the grenade. The magnetic/gravitic containment of the grenade is quickly overwhelmed -- the grenade travelling perhaps a hundred meters at extremely high velocity before noisily becoming a ball of plasma -- which will travel another hundred meters or so before dissipating.

Should the grenade body impact with a target within the first hundred meters it will, of course, detonate there. Note that if you don't hit a target before the projectile detonates you certainly will cook whatever is within the next 50-100 meters.

The integral electronic sight and shoulder stock improve the accuracy of what is, after all, a high tech blunderbuss.

This is certainly not the sort of weapon one wants to fire indoors, let alone as anything other than an act of desperation or extreme foolhardiness. The PlasmaFaust does have a substantial recoil and splash from the plasma jet does have an unfortunate tendency to singe the user and anyone nearby. And if the target is too close or the thing misfires, well...

Note also that it can be reloaded quickly should anyone actually want to do so after firing it once. I'd like the powerpack in the launcher body to have enough oomph to power up half-a-dozen projectiles before recharging.
file_23.gif

It looks more like a radar gun of some sort to me. I wouldn't initiate a plasma charge on something like that. It might work better as a grenade launcher, but whatever it is, it looks funny.

There were some bits and pieces in some of the old Paranoia Press CT books (SORAG, Scouts & Assassins, Merchants & Merchandise).

I'll work on getting you the FCI contents, the equipment in Scouts and Assassins, and that in Merchants and Merchandise (my copy of SORAG won't arrive for a bit) for early next week. You have my e-mail (from the last post) so prod me next week sometime if I haven't sent it on...

Tomb

Excellent work, overall! A few typos and other bits that could use some work, but certainly more than I have done in a bit!
Is there a spreadsheet version available for download? I would love to correct and expand the list a bit.
Thanks

(my copy of SORAG won't arrive for a bit)
I'll try to find mine.

This does give us the perfect opportunity to produce the definitive equipment list, something we've needed for years. Once we've got everything, tidy it up, drop duplicates, and reality-check the rest.

And then there's the weapons...

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> (my copy of SORAG won't arrive for a bit)
I'll try to find mine.

This does give us the perfect opportunity to produce the definitive equipment list, something we've needed for years. Once we've got everything, tidy it up, drop duplicates, and reality-check the rest.

And then there's the weapons...
</font>[/QUOTE]Which brings up a problem that I have been batting back and forth for some time. That is that weapons and vehicals are all products of design sequences that are all unique to their version of the rules. So the question is should weapons and vehicals be in the main list or perhaps in their own lists?
:confused:

Originally posted by Ganidiirsi O'Flynn:
Hey Peter, I do have a copy of the "FCI Consumer Guide". Do you have access to one?
Kaldorn said he would send me the info from it. But thanks for the thought.

Back